Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2020 / Hobbes & unbanded female  (Read 4989 times)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Tower Nest - 2020 / Hobbes & unbanded female
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 16:47 »
Lovely photos RCF! Plenty of activity in your area.  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 13:49 »
Nice photos RCF!

Especially nice that it is a Brandon bird back again - and that it is one of Sol's and Hurricane's, they weren't as successful a pair as she was with Brooklyn or with Wingo.

That thump on his wing sure is noticeable, but that may have more to do with placement than anything else, the feathers there are small so losing them makes it very visible and it will take time for them to heal.  If he's up and about and bathing then it is obviously not a problem for him at all.  And hanging out in the Brandon area means he has lots of places to roost safely (with his lady friend), lots of prey (urban and otherwise) and lovely places to have a spa day like in your photos.

Maybe if these two stick together you could have another pair to enjoy next Spring RCF!

Well done & congrats on your ID-ing your returnee!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 13:31 »
June 16 2020

Unbanded Female

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
Tower Nest - 2020 / Hobbes & unbanded female
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 13:29 »
June 16 2020

We saw two falcons out here this morning, one banded and one not banded. They both had a bath in the river so I was able to get a band number for the male, the female looks young.

I was so surprised when I got home and checked my photos. The male is "Hobbes" from 2016, one of Sol and Hurricane's boys.  He was the wall walker!

When they were bathing I got his band number, I also noticed he has an injury on his right wing.  He's flying well and was at the top of one of the stacks earlier.

Hobbes

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 13:31 by RCF »