Author Topic: Fargo - 2008-2011 / Dakota Ace & Miracle  (Read 16174 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Fargo - 2010 / Dakota Ace & Miracle
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 21:11 »
Oh great catch SGB  :D

Offline kittenface

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 18:43 »
SGB got this

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 02:54 »
Note from the Fargo Project (received today) ...

As of yesterday we still had four eggs.  It is hard to see details because the female is still incubating/brooding.  However, it very much appears that the eggs have begun to hatch.  Right on schedule based on our best estimates of when incubation began.

Banding is scheduled for June 11 at 11:00 AM.

The problems with the web camera continue.   It is now obvious we need to add more hardware and software.  Finding technical support has also proven to be a real challenge.   We are trying, but at this point I can make no promises.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 20:40 »
Great news kitten, thanks for letting us know  :-*

Offline kittenface

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 19:56 »
Well one has hatched so far today

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 23:34 »
One of Dakota Ace's kids has turned up back in Grand Forks with Terminator (from Brandon) for a second year. 

More information here: http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/board,8.0.html

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 18:34 »
Update (posted March 23, 2010)

Both adult peregrines are now back in Fargo. The female was first seen on March 14, and she was joined by the male today. Although they have not been positively identified, based on appearances and behavior they are almost certainly Dakota Ace and Miracle, our resident pair for the past several years.

In anticipation of another nesting, this website is currently being updated. The text has been expanded and revised. We are in the process of adding photos. Most significantly, two new cameras have been installed to monitor activity in the nest box. At present, access to the web camera images is limited, as the software is incompatible with many systems. Steps designed to provide easy and universal access are underway, and will hopefully be completed soon.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 17:40 »
Dakota Ace has been the resident male for years and he has a black/red band on his left leg (b/r *H/D - that's sideways H over D).

Last year's resident female was Miracle, black over green band on left leg (b/g 28/D) - she's from the Sherco Plant in Minnesota.  Previous female was also a black over green banded female, Frieda (b/g 24/A) who was from the Dairyland Coop Plant in Alma, Wisconsin.

Have to wait and see if Wick and the gang can get some band numbers soon.  Great webcaptures Kitten!

Another note - we have a connection with Fargo in that T2/Terminator who is nesting in Grand Forks now is the daughter of Holly, the former resident female in Brandon who in turn is the daughter of Dakota Ace and Frieda from Fargo.  T2/Terminator's mates from 2008 (Bear) and 2009 (Roosevelt) are originally from Fargo as well.

Offline kittenface

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 17:30 »
Well I don't know who is who but I got one that is black/green and one is black/red

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 13:24 »
News from my contact in Fargo, we have had a peregrine in the vicinity of the nestbox but they don't yet have an id on it though he thinks it is a female and it could be their resident female.

There have been some problems with the cameras recently and they hope to have them all sorted for the season shortly.  Its been awhile since we had a cam on this site so it will be nice to have them back again!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 19:14 »
Errr...a pigeon has laid 2 eggs so far in the Fargo nestbox. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 08:59 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

http://fargofalcons.net/blog/falconcam/

It will ask you to install some add on which I did.  User name is guest with no password.  I've tested it and the cams are working ... as of now anyway!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:03 by carly »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Fargo - 2009 / Dakota Ace & Miracle
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 12:28 »
Are they related to RAdisson ;) ;) Housekeeping is not her bag either.

Froona hung around at least until Sept 14 that we know of also.  I guess some just like the nest area.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 10:51 »
I emailed Fargo with the news about Sandy and this is part of their reply ...

Both of our adults have now migrated.  We are working on new cameras, and we are committed to having everything up and running be next season.  The initial installation is taking place this afternoon.  Curiously, when we went up on the roof a month or so ago to take down the old camera one of the babies was still here.  She joined her parents in the attack.  This is much later than I have previously seen young of the year still in town.

Looks like we will have a webcam again in Fargo for 2010 - whoo-hoo!!!  :D

Housekeeping may run in the family.  Our current female also likes to pile up carrion.  The nest box is a mess.  Am going to clean it out as part of the camera installation.

Definitely a different definition of housekeeping from Trey's!  :o

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 20:05 »
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Harrison, the little male. I hope the two females will stay safe.