Author Topic: Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2009-2013 / ? & ?  (Read 15176 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: City Hall - 2013 / site inactive?
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2013, 22:24 »
I'll follow up in the spring to see if anything is going on with hopes I can actually get out there.
One falcon is better than no falcon....here's hoping and praying!
Until next season!   ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36 »
My last conversation with the Saskatchewan folks Allikat was that there was a bird but nothing nesting.  Which could indeed be a very good sign for you (and Regina) next year.  If I hear more details, will be sure to post them here.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 22:46 »
Well folks, wish I had more to report, but, I did not had any time to get out and look at one of my favorite raptors.... :(
I know they were here (thanks to Ms. Dolittle), but, don't know what transpired, if they nested, had little white fluff balls, or.....?  
Sorry...just too busy at work.  Wish I could have gone out more, but just couldn't.  
Hopefully next year, I'll be able to swing by the downtown area, and provide the good ol' falcon folk some good news!
Until next season!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 22:52 by allikat »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2013 / ? & ?
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2013, 22:54 »
2013 NESTING SEASON

Well, I went downtown for a bit today, and of course, saw nothing.   ::)
Unfortunately it was pouring rain so, don't blame the birds...if, that's IF they are here, they would be staying out of the rain!
Again, perfect timing for this girl - to see nothin'!   :-\

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: City Hall - 2012 / ? & ?
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 19:38 »
Thanks Pam...Falcons in Regina would be a wonderful thing!

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2013, 21:10 »
Good luck, Allie!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2013, 19:34 »
Well...was downtown on Friday, looked around with hope and wonder...nothing yet folks, but, I will keep looking up until my neck hurts!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 19:35 by allikat »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2012, 18:53 »
Remember me writing that there isn't much going on in the Peregrine world in Regina...this is all I get for a link:

http://falcon.unibase.com/

One, and hopefully others, can only hope... :-\

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 18:54 by allikat »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2012, 21:59 »
Hopefully next year, I'll have more time, (hmm, heard that before), to partake in pre-peregrine activities, (and post)!  
Would love to be in contact with someone here that knows, or has access, or has something to do with these evasive birds.  
Kinda wondering if the nestbox is in an ideal location, or if it's even adequate for the birds needs/requirements.  
To me, but I'm not a peregrine, City Hall is a great location for them to nest, as it's very close to food, shelter and water, as the waterfowl park is seconds away, (peregrine time).  There are so many marsh birds here as well and out of town protected areas for other food sources.  
I'm wondering if perhaps the Hawks could be a problem here for raising young as they are quite common and seen regularly?  
Until next year, time will tell if there will be a family of falcons to watch and stress over...

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 20:19 »
Yesterday we were walking close to City Hall and we saw a Crow eating something in a tree.  I went closer and the Crow dropped the bird.  I looked and it looked like a good chuck of Pigeon.  Now there was a Merlin flying about but I didn't think they ate Pigeon so I wonder where the Crow got the pigeon?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 20:05 »
I hope that's the case TPC...a case of birds being unable to settle down. 
Before I made the decision to move here, while visiting, I scoped the downtown area for tall buildings side by side for the hopes of future falcons to one day, nest in Regina again. 
When I saw an article and news story that there were peregrine falcons in Regina, I nearly fainted with excitement.  Then, when I actually saw them with my own eyes, I had goose bumps.  But....then, I didn't see them anymore after awhile, hoping it was bad timing on my part.  Not having a forum or contact with others who may be actively watching, I can only try to think, that it's bad timing or, they were passing thru.  Either way, they, were here, so, to me, that's a positive sign for the possibility of having a nesting family of peregrine falcons someday in Regina.  Until that day... happy watching everyone!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 23:48 »
The Saskatoon bird took a year or two to get settled I think, so maybe this is the start of something great for Regina ... and my contact did think there was still a nestbox on City Hall which could be great if these same birds return next year.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 21:56 »
My apologies to all!!!   :(

I'll be honest here folks...I have gone downtown regularely, and, I haven't seen much, actually, nothing at all!  Now, that doesn't mean, there isn't anything to see... but perhaps, it's just bad timing for me!?  I'm thinking that maybe the falcons that were here were just passing thru, or, with hopes, it's just bad timing for me... oh sigh...
Until next year...with hopes of more activity!  Positive thinkin'!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 21:35 »
Was passing through downtown, looking up while driving ( ::)), CAREFULLY, of course, and what did I see??...??
No, not a pigeon, not a seagull, not a crow, but, ALAS, twas a peregrine falcon!!!  Sheesh!!!   ;D

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!    8) ;D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 21:25 »
Was passing through downtown, looking up while driving ( ::)), CAREFULLY, of course, and what did I see??...??
No, not a pigeon, not a seagull, not a crow, but, ALAS, twas a peregrine falcon!!!  Sheesh!!!   ;D