Author Topic: Digital Camera Binoculars  (Read 4388 times)

Offline willmax11

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: Digital Camera Binoculars
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 22:24 »
Kinderchick;
 Thanks, I read those 2 posts and agree, birds move. But I was thinking about identifying birds in the nest and bands. I will have to wait until next nesting season to use my 50 power telescope.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 19:59 »
Actually, I was asking about someone using a spotting scope in the original topic.
I named the heading wrong I guess.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that TPC has given BirdLover some advice on Spotting scopes and binoculars in the Brandon/McKenzie Seed thread, willmax.

Offline willmax11

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:03 »
Actually, I was asking about someone using a spotting scope in the original topic.
I named the heading wrong I guess.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:06 by willmax11 »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16 »
P.S.  My purchase was just regular binoculars, not digital camera binoculars although Binoculars Canada does carry those as well.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 09:01 »
Yep, it was Binoculars Canada (http://www.binocularscanada.com/) -- I was really pleased with the selection and their service. They carry everything from basic binoculars that cost about $30 right on up into the stratosphere. The ones I chose were compact ones and relatively inexpensive (everything's relative, right?), but they're exactly what I wanted.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 13:50 »
I know Saorise got a really nice pair recently - I THINK from 'Binoculars Canada' but not positive. They have a website you can have a gander at.  8)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 11:14 »
Great tips, eagle and Liz! ;D

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 19:40 »
There may be a "re-stocking" fee.  I 'bought' a camera to try, and made it clear I was trying it out.  When I brought it back, they tried to charge me a fee because it was used.  I made it clear that I had (already) made it clear I was trying it out and hadn't been told that at the time, so they caved.  Just a heads-up! : ))

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 18:50 »
Before you buy you should try!  That would be my advice.  I had a pair of binocular/digi cam and the camera didn't take a close up shot that I saw through the binocular.  Most places will let you view before buying I would think. Take a memory card with and try. That is really all I can suggest.

Offline willmax11

• Past Member
  • Chick
Digital Camera Binoculars
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:56 »
I have been searching for  better binoculars. Have researched Spotting Scopes with a tripod mount and found this site about Camera Binocs.

Just wonder what other's have experienced with either of these as related to bird watching.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/celestron-digital-camera-binoculars.html