Author Topic: Donation through online banking  (Read 6073 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Donation through online banking
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 23:05 »
Little update on donating directly through online banking ... have asked for more information from the bank where our account is.  This idea had slid down my "to do" list, so I didn't ask all that long ago.  When I hear more, will post what I know here.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Donation through online banking
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 19:57 »
That's a great suggestion Dupre501, I'll check it out to see how it would work for/with an organization like ours (paperwork, tax receipts, etc) as well as what we can do if there are problems (mis-spelled email addresses).  Its a good idea, everyone has different requirements and comfort levels online and this could be just the thing for some of our supporters.  I'll post whatever I find out here on this thread.

Thanks again Dupre501 for the idea!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Donation through online banking
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 13:22 »
Hi Tracey,

Have you looked into offering people the chance to make donations through online banking.

Recently I made a payment to a small company in Ontario by making an e-mail transfer. The company sent me their e-mail address, a question and it's answer. I just entered these 3 items when the banked requested the information.  They sent an e-mail to the receiving company and they responded with the same question and answer to recieve the money. There is a cost of $1.50 from the sender for these transactions.