Author Topic: Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess  (Read 254448 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2009 / March
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00 »
Just so you all know, my heart was beating rather quickly this morning as I was yelling WOOOO HOOOOOO while looking up at the nestbox at 7:40am....I said to myself, Oh there's the queen perching on her throne  :D

Offline LouLouBelle

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 12:05 »
Happy Spring & Greetings fellow phanatics! I'm waiting with baited breath for confirmation but I will say, it sounds very promising! Maybe I missed it somewhere but when do we get to watch via camera?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 12:16 »
End of last week we had a bunch of crows hanging about in the downtown area, and over the weekend I didn't see hide-nor-feather of any of the peregrines, but this morning's reports are looking more hopeful.  As soon as whomever gets close to the camera (and I'm watching) I'll snap a pic and post it on the blog for y'all to see.  Though its a bit breezy today, the camera isn't shaking much when I look at the evil ledge or on the east-side sign, so it may even be possible to make a tentative identification (band number is the only way to be sure of course).

Long version: As for y'all to watch on the camera, usually the cam goes live while the birds are incubating, in 2007 it was a week before hatching, last year was a couple + weeks before hatching.  Because we don't know where they are going to nest on the building until they actually put an egg in the gravel, the cam doesn't go before then.  As for when it goes on after the eggs have been laid, is the decision of CBC Manitoba and they have been wonderful about trying to meet all the Project's needs and the desires of the FalconCam viewers.  Short version: We'll let everyone know in advance when the cam is to go live.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 12:18 »
My thoughts exactly...now we all of course want the camera up and running but unfortunately we have to wait over a month for that...but the Peregrine Chick Blogs will be up and running very soon!!!  

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19 »
So Dennis was sort of right, it's the day after the weekend and there may be a Peregrine at the Radisson.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 12:20 »
So Dennis was sort of right, it's the day after the weekend and there may be a Peregrine at the Radisson.

Oh gods, don't tell him that!!  ;D

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57 »
****   NEWS FLASH ****
"Productivity delcines sharply in offices and businesses across the nation as Falcon Phanatics anxiously await news of the arrival of Princess and Trey"

film at 11. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 13:13 »
****   NEWS FLASH ****
"Productivity delcines sharply in offices and businesses across the nation as Falcon Phanatics anxiously await news of the arrival of Princess and Trey"

film at 11. 

LOL..so true, I've got us minimized on the task bar as I work just in case we get a sighting  :P  I'm rooting for you TPC! 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 13:16 »
This is SO exciting!  
It's hours later.  What is going on?  
I guess if it is pouring we can't expect any sightings.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 13:24 »
The rain has tapered off a bit downtown, or at least there are fewer water droplets clinging to the underside of the spycam's protective dome.  With luck, the little annoyance will wander over to the other side of the building for a bit this afternoon and I'll get a look at it.  If after that it wants to retire to west side until fall migration, fine with me, but in the meantime .... aarrgghh!!!!

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 13:26 »
THEY ARE BOTH THERE NOW. SHE ON THE NEST/HIM ON THE SECOND LETTER s...............OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SPOTTED THEM in the office. I know I am Sane!!!!!  Tracy if only you could be here to see them.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 13:31 »
Oh my God!!  Tracy you need to get a headache or something and go home early!!!  Thanks for all the updates Mother Hen!! ;D

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 13:34 »
, I haven't worked much today.........too excited!

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 14:03 »
Hmmm......I've decided to be a good mom and drive downtown to pick up my daughters from work.  You know, due to the rain.  I'll go about 2 hours earlier than I need to and have a walk around the Radisson.  I'll be watching for phanatics ;)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 14:09 »
Hmmm......I've decided to be a good mom and drive downtown to pick up my daughters from work.  You know, due to the rain.  I'll go about 2 hours earlier than I need to and have a walk around the Radisson.  I'll be watching for phanatics ;)

;D ;D ;D  Keep an eye out for that 'bird lady'  ;D ;D