Author Topic: Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess  (Read 391334 times)

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Radisson - 2009 / March
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 10:47 »
Just watched the falcon take off after a pigeon in hot pursuit........Tracy come to the west side I am not shitting you really one of them is here. He/she was sitting on the N and earlier on the green part just under the N. You can see the beautiful white chest looking out. If not a peregrin it can't be a pigeon.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21 »
*Crossing my fingers* Hoping it's one of ours!!!!!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07 »
:( :( :( :( :(  Hopefully he/she will hunker down in the nestbox and keep warm and dry.

Well, the new nestbox is bigger than the old one, so s/he might/could if they wanted to ...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 09:43 »
* you should know that it is raining here, we have a winter storm watch on right now and are expecting between 10-20 mm of rain in the next 24 hours followed by 5-10 cm of snow.  And the flood forecast for the Red River ain't improving any (see March 22 blog entry for more details)

:( :( :( :( :(  Hopefully he/she will hunker down in the nestbox and keep warm and dry.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36 »
I had a buzz around with the spycam but because its on the east side of the building, no sign of anyone ... sigh.  Last year Princess returned on the 17th and I know no one was around on the weekend (pretty much had it staked out).

Now, not to rain on anyone's parade*, but Mother Hen, much as I love you and your dedication to watching the west nestbox, you did send me on a wild pigeon hunt last year  ;D which was great fun but everyone is jonesing for the birds to return I want to get a look before I say yea/nay.  Not that I don't think you are right and that someone has arrived home, but until I can get a look at it, I'm going to be a bit more cautious if y'all don't mind.  Hopefully s/he will come around to the east side sometime today and I can confirm its a peregrine and perhaps even who it might.

Yes I know, party-pooper and all that but hey, that's why I'm the Chick  :-*

* you should know that it is raining here, we have a winter storm watch on right now and are expecting between 10-20 mm of rain in the next 24 hours followed by 5-10 cm of snow.  And the flood forecast for the Red River ain't improving any (see March 22 blog entry for more details)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:42 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 09:13 »
Thanks for the confirmation Mother Hen...
I thought it was a Peregrine that I saw this morning...too big to be anything else but I didn't want to get everyone excited just in case it wasn't.  I just literally yelling WOOOO-HOOOO in my car trying to remain calm and remember that I'm driving.  ;D
Now the question is....who is this Peregrine? 

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 09:05 »
Whoopie, Whoopie,  ;D  Thank you Allicat and Mother Hen  ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 09:03 »
How exciting!!! :D  Can;t wait to hear who it is! 

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 08:58 »
Well I have spotted one this morning sitting on the edge of the nest. Coming and going all morning. Now I am going to have trouble working again!!!! I have my spy glasses ready. I have only seen one but which one is the question. I was so excited this morning to see her/him home again safe and sound. I emailed Tracy and then thought I'd better so to all of you myself. Could not remember how to, seniors moment! If I see two today I will let you know.

Mother Hen

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 08:03 »
Okay everyone...I don't want to cause unnecessary drama or excitement, BUT..while driving into work this morning (7:40am) I decided to look up at the West side nestbox and I saw a bird perched on the edge  :o
Can anyone else help with this or TPC..if you have access to the offline camera to confirm this?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 22:12 »
Oh. . .yes Liz.  Your words exactly!!!
I know, it's so hard for us humans to watch as we get too attached.  Darned emotions!!!
Yes, I know that there will be changes in the years to come . .let's certainly cross everything we have on our bodies that Princess and TREY come back this year and nest on the nestbox (West side of the hotel) this year and be great parents to whatever we can get due to last year!!!

Come on Trey, come on Trey and come on Trey. . .Be the strong handsome tiercel that you are and come home to perhaps a Princess!!!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 22:07 »
No, no, no -- sorry.  I didn't meant to freak anyone out.  I just meant that it won't always be Trey and Princess.  As much as we love them, one of them won't come back one year, or they will and will get chased off...  I don't want to think about it.  I just want those two back this year, in the west-side nextbox, 4 eggs, all leave here in one piece in October no matter what fledging mishaps there may be. 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 22:00 »
what do you mean. .. things are changing? 
Due to the hotel chain purchase? 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 20:53 »
Well, I don't know about everyone else in Winnipeg as well as others around the globe that watch and love our peregrines, but I can't wait any longer!!!   ::) and  ;D

I am always watching when I drive East down Portage Ave in the morning and look up in the afternoon driving West down Portage Ave.  I miss our pair very much and I think I am more impatient this year because of Trey's age and because of our devastating loss we all suffered and witnessed last year!! :(

It's not too early however for all of you peregrine phanatics our there to cross everything, hope and prey (okay, a little play on words there), that our pair nest on the West side nestbox  :P  Come on Princess and Trey, we are waiting for you the two of you with open wings!!!!

Get ready everyone....It's almost time  :D

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 18:15 »
Spring has sprung,
the grass has riz (well, it's visable at least!),
I wonder where Trey & Princess is?