Author Topic: Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess  (Read 391370 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2009 / March
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 14:51 »
Trey's chest has more white.  Princess has less and her barring on her breast & belly is darker.  Here are the links for their portraits in the photo gallery - they should be sitting in pretty much the same locations they are now ...

2008 Peregrine Portraits

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 14:46 »
Yes, the one sitting on the letter S is bigger and appears to have a little bit while chest than the one sitting on that green thingun der ther letter N. They are both looking north and have not moved for a while now. Could this mean they are ignoring one another?? No fighting though. Talk I dont know about.

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009, 14:40 »
Are they, ummm, doing non-PG-13 in broad daylight?

last time i did that............ well... lets just say there are closets for that.. lol

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 14:37 »
THEY ARE BOTH THERE NOW. SHE ON THE NEST/HIM ON THE SECOND LETTER s...............OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SPOTTED THEM in the office. I know I am Sane!!!!!  Tracy if only you could be here to see them.  

I wish I could too ....  :'(

Instead I'll say that yes, there are peregrines at the Radisson... will try to get an ID on the little buggers over the next couple of days so we can know if "our" birds are back or if we have interloper(s).

Okay Mother Hen & Westies - things to watch for:

• Is one bird bigger than the other?  Females are bigger than the males
  • Watch the female (the big one) and see if she gives the other one the "cold shoulder".  If yes, could be a male and she's waiting for Trey - remember last year, Ivy her son returned and she would have nothing to do with him
  • Is there a lot of "talking" going on?  Particularly if both birds are the same size.  If yes, could be two females/two males "discussing" territoriality, could also get hairy, though mostly these are dealt with rather politely (for a peregrine) in town (there's a video link on the Rochester NY board of the more impolite type of territorial discussions)
  • Is the smaller bird bring edible "gifts" to the bigger bird?  Courting.
  • Are they, ummm, doing non-PG-13 in broad daylight?  Be sure to let me know if this is happening, it will help me guestimate onset of egg-laying.

Need dates and times and a description - until at least I've managed to get a peak at them myself  ... PM me, email me or post here ...

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 14:36 »
Each of them still there people,Haven't moved in a 3/4 of an hour,one on the second S and the green thing,both facing north. Perhaps sleeping since they haven't moved in this long period of time or scopping out the pigeon populations. Dinner snack,yummie food...... I go home at 3 pm so I indeed enjoyed my view today. Especially this afternoon withe the two of them

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 14:25 »
Pedestrians must be an endangered species at the corner at this time of year.. all the drivers are looking up, half the 'walkers' are looking up, and NO ONE is watching where they are going..

almost makes you want to go there and watch the show.. lol.. and speaking of the 'show'.. look how many of 'us' are on line right now.. wonderful how the numbers just jumped up from just me, carly and eagle.. lol.. welcome back the rest of you.. its about time.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 14:09 »
Hmmm......I've decided to be a good mom and drive downtown to pick up my daughters from work.  You know, due to the rain.  I'll go about 2 hours earlier than I need to and have a walk around the Radisson.  I'll be watching for phanatics ;)

;D ;D ;D  Keep an eye out for that 'bird lady'  ;D ;D

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 14:03 »
Hmmm......I've decided to be a good mom and drive downtown to pick up my daughters from work.  You know, due to the rain.  I'll go about 2 hours earlier than I need to and have a walk around the Radisson.  I'll be watching for phanatics ;)

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 13:34 »
, I haven't worked much today.........too excited!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 13:31 »
Oh my God!!  Tracy you need to get a headache or something and go home early!!!  Thanks for all the updates Mother Hen!! ;D

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 13:26 »
THEY ARE BOTH THERE NOW. SHE ON THE NEST/HIM ON THE SECOND LETTER s...............OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SPOTTED THEM in the office. I know I am Sane!!!!!  Tracy if only you could be here to see them.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 13:24 »
The rain has tapered off a bit downtown, or at least there are fewer water droplets clinging to the underside of the spycam's protective dome.  With luck, the little annoyance will wander over to the other side of the building for a bit this afternoon and I'll get a look at it.  If after that it wants to retire to west side until fall migration, fine with me, but in the meantime .... aarrgghh!!!!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 13:16 »
This is SO exciting!  
It's hours later.  What is going on?  
I guess if it is pouring we can't expect any sightings.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 13:13 »
****   NEWS FLASH ****
"Productivity delcines sharply in offices and businesses across the nation as Falcon Phanatics anxiously await news of the arrival of Princess and Trey"

film at 11. 

LOL..so true, I've got us minimized on the task bar as I work just in case we get a sighting  :P  I'm rooting for you TPC! 

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57 »
****   NEWS FLASH ****
"Productivity delcines sharply in offices and businesses across the nation as Falcon Phanatics anxiously await news of the arrival of Princess and Trey"

film at 11.