Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2010 / Beau & Jules  (Read 94078 times)

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
West Winnipeg - 2010 / April
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2010, 16:55 »
Saw Jules this morning, still alone and still waiting.  :(
Well, no reason to be sad, at least she's still there, and most certainly definitely keeping her territory. 

It is a bit sad she is alone but I do agree with you Allikat, at least she is keeping her territory.
Do wish a male falcon would fly there tho.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2010, 15:05 »
Well, no reason to be sad, at least she's still there, and most certainly definitely keeping her territory. 

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2010, 12:24 »
 :'( :'( :-\

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50 »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35 »
TPC-Your descriptions are as good as any web cam I've ever seen and a lot more humorous. Speaking of costs, any fund raising plans for this year? 

Answers to your two questions are Thank you  :-[  and Yes.  More on question two this weekend.  Got plans, should have all the infrastructure in place to support it!

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2010, 17:09 »

The Diner is the name we have given to the building where the birds like to eat ... and no, there is no restaurant in it or any of the buildings surrounding it :)

The Bed & Breakfast is where we would like the birds to nest (they haven't so far).

The Bleachers is where the birds like to watch the world from ... and launch attacks at unsuspecting pigeons et al, a bit like the Roman Colliseum!!

Thank you for the clarification on the 'code words' . . . . . if the safety/ privacy of the birdies is at stake - best to keep the location top secret.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:33 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 20:27 »
Camera as in webcam that the world can watch or camera as in webcam that I can watch?  :D 

To be honest, TPC, I confess to being very ill-informed about webcams in general and their costs in particular. Until your comment (and, of course, Bccs's on another thread), I didn't realize that the costs were prohibitive. So, given that information, I'll take back my question. A camera for security would be great -- and, of course, you could post the interesting photos! Forgive me for getting carried away with the enthusiasm of watching "our" birds and not thinking about the real life (i.e. $$$) difficulties. And thanks for bringing me down to earth so gently!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 19:13 »
Keep in mind that webcams are brutally expensive.  We are very very fortunately to have CBC Manitoba and Shaw as our partners on the Falcon Cam, we couldn't do any of it without them!
Yes, I was watching a video on the CBC-B.C. website regarding this. Webcams are ENORMOUSLY expensive to set up and maintain, etc.  :o  We are very fortunate to have CBC Manitoba and Shaw supporting this endeavour! :-*

Speaking of costs, any fund raising plans for this year?
Well, just as soon as the webcam is up and running on the Radisson and the Kinderchicklets have had a chance to view the peregrines and ask TPC a few questions, I have plans to put out a fundraising "challenge" again! ;)   

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 18:09 »
TPC-Your descriptions are as good as any web cam I've ever seen and a lot more humorous. Speaking of costs, any fund raising plans for this year?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 16:13 »
So, TPC . . . if we end up with a pair in West Winnipeg . . . and if they decide to nest on the right building . . .  any chance of getting a cam there? I don't mean this year, but "in due time"!  ???

Camera as in webcam that the world can watch or camera as in webcam that I can watch?  :D  We will probably try to install a camera for security on the nestbox but it is unlikely that it would go live to the internet.  Keep in mind that webcams are brutally expensive.  We are very very fortunately to have CBC Manitoba and Shaw as our partners on the Falcon Cam, we couldn't do any of it without them!

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2010, 14:32 »
Ok got u. I won't be going to look for them.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2010, 12:43 »
So, TPC . . . if we end up with a pair in West Winnipeg . . . and if they decide to nest on the right building . . .  any chance of getting a cam there? I don't mean this year, but "in due time"!  ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2010, 11:49 »
Exciting news!!!!! What diner?? Kelsey?? Joey's?? Moxies??Tim Horton's?? I was on rfoute 90 Sat and yesterday. I didn't see a thing

The Diner is the name we have given to the building where the birds like to eat ... and no, there is no restaurant in it or any of the buildings surrounding it :)

The Bed & Breakfast is where we would like the birds to nest (they haven't so far).

The Bleachers is where the birds like to watch the world from ... and launch attacks at unsuspecting pigeons et al, a bit like the Roman Colliseum!!