Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 83450 times)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / April
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21 »
Was downtown at 7:50 PM yesterday and the birdie was sitting exactly where you wanted it to be Rose, on the MTS tower.  ;D
No other birdies in sight except for the flying rats (yes, Ellie, winged KD or pigeons  :P)
Oh, and our resident Robin is standing watch again this year!  ;)

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 22:11 »
I am a bit "slow" on this blog at times but would I be correct in guessing that "flying rats" are the pigeons? ::)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 18:36 »
back from parkade no birdie in sight,but lots of flying rats today. :(

Birdie was on south light at 8:30 this morning and on north light at 5:00pm, still only one there that I could see.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 14:34 »
back from parkade no birdie in sight,but lots of flying rats today. :(

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 21:59 »
Really do apreciate all of your peregrine reports, RCF and Rose! :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 18:23 »
Left early this morning so I could stop at the parcade for a few minutes before work. Falcon was perched on west light of clock tower, just hanging out.  Some lady came over to ask me if I was watching the falcons. I missed the falcon flying off the light, but then I saw scattering pigeons just north of McKenzie Building and behind them came the falcon with breakfast in his/her talons. He/she perched on southwest corner of roof to have breakfast. Still only saw one falcon today, maybe tommorrow.  :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 19:35 »
At 5pm today I was up on the parkade checking out the falcon, was perched on the east light facing north. I was only there five minutes and she flew off towards the north east.  I was looking around the sky staight up with binos and saw four raptors, one was a peregrine and one an eagle but I couldn't tell what the other two were, too far away. Maybe, hopefully there was a second peregrine.  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 13:29 »
Okay, Rose and RCF, keep an eye on the peregrine out there for us. I know that you'll probably have him/her identified before too long. And if it happens to be Trey, tell him to get back to his "Princess", who is waiting on her throne in Winnipeg! ;)

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 11:53 »
birdie was sitting in nest box just watching the world go by,got a good look at her front,well barred and fairly high up, his/ her breast is a muted white not brilliant like Zeus and Treys and the mallar patches seem well defined and very black. after a little while (time rushes by when you are having fun) he /she  started to be very vocal and moved to the perch bar,flew to the south east and disappeared, couldn't see because of looking into the sun. When I finally located he/she I noticed 3 raptors very high couldn't really tell what they were, then I lost them all because of the sun. RCF will likely check at noon

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 09:35 »
Good advice tpc but first a few conditions have to be met. 1. very little wind 2. steady arm 3.birdie must come down a little from her high perch(mts mast would be good).As to the high perch my daughter(rcf) phoned to tell me our falcon has now moved to the roof of the Mckenzie building just below the clock tower another favorite spot of Hurricane's.So I'm off in a little while to check it out. ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 23:20 »
Now that you have the bird, it is time to work on your "does it have a leg band" skills  ;D

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 14:46 »
falcon still sitting on tower light facing south he/she keeps looking around and stretching and preening. no sign of any other birdie except the flying buffet. Just when I was leaving he/ she flew off, may be it was lunch time? Didn't look like she was going too far,I watched her until she was just a speck above the tower. it was pretty windy up on parkade and I kept having to wipe the tears from my eyes so I came home.The price of getting old I guess ::)

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 10:17 »
Just got home from the parkade,same bird sitting on the east light Mckenzie tower (same place as yesterday) almost as if she is glued in place. No other falcon around that I could see.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 23:11 »
  Rose and I don't believe it is Zeus. The falcon that is there has a very dark breast and Rose thought she could see kind of a brown color on top of its head.  Isn't Zues's breast very white and have dark silvery feathers on his back?  Whoever it is, I hope they find a mate and have babies.  :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 21:51 »
If it is Hurricane, hope she's been vacationing with her Dad ...  ;)