Author Topic: OH / Cleveland - Shaker Heights - 2010  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Cleveland - Shaker Heights - 2010 / Stator & Diana
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 17:12 »
According to the information I had, there were four chicks in the 2008 Eastlake nest, but I have now found out that there were five: three males - Ranger (B/92 - incubating eggs with SW at the Terminal Tower in Cleveland), Stator (B/91 - incubating eggs with Diana in Shaker Heights) and Current (B/93 - no updates that I am aware of, although I found a note that he was very small at banding and might possibly not have fledged); two females - Rotor (S/42 - last known sighting in Ontario) and Rebel (S/43 - no sightings that I know of). All bands black/green.

I think it is quite unusual to have had updates on three of the five chicks from this nest, and to have Ranger and Stator both with their first nests and eggs, both in the Cleveland area.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Cleveland - Shaker Heights - 2010 / Stator & Diana
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:07 »
Good news about Diana, Alison!  Glad everyone down there has finally settled down!  It's interesting how many of our Ontario birds are down there this year and Rochester's Seneca too.  It's a 'Falcon Superhighway from the sounds of it!'

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
OH / Cleveland - Shaker Heights - 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 19:36 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

This site was occupied by Onyx, the son of Buckeye and SW at the Terminal Tower in Cleveland, and his mate, Diana.

This year, Onyx disappeared. Diana was seen at the site alone, and then was also seen at the Cleveland Clinic with Dipper (as was Lara from Etobicoke, and Ely from Canada).

Dipper and Ely bonded at the Cleveland Clinic, and Ely is now laying eggs. Diana returned to Shaker Heights, and has found a new mate. He is the brother of Ranger, SW's new mate at the Terminal Tower. His name is Stator (band B/91) and he was born at the Eastlake nest in 2008, along with his siblings.  Stator and Diana are now incubating eggs.

There is no webcam, but photos and info may be found here:  http://www.falconcam-cmnh.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?48557.30