Author Topic: 2010 - Kinderchicklets / Can they see the camera?!  (Read 2172 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Can they see the camera?!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 20:13 »
The other day, when I talked to the 'chicklets about the fact that the peregrines can see some of their reflection in the glass lens on the camera, one of the 'chicklets now wants to know if they think their reflection is another bird? :-\

Princess and Ivy might but the chicks I don't think so.  They are surrounded by other birds and haven't yet gotten to the point when they might see another bird as a bad thing.  Ivy grew up in a nestbox with a camera so he might not think it was too strange a thing to have in his "home".  Don't know if Princess had a camera, so she might be the one who occasionally tries to eat the camera - but she has had a camera in this box before, so maybe she's just making sure the "other" bird isn't going to be a problem.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:23 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 18:20 »
...They can see some of their reflection in the glass lens on the camera, but the lens isn't very big so its only a little reflection, which may be why they like to get up close to check it out!!
TPC

Much to their delight (and mine too, I might add), the Kinderchicklets have had several opportunities to observe one of the peregrines coming up to the camera lens and appear to be pecking at it. The other day, when I talked to the 'chicklets about the fact that the peregrines can see some of their reflection in the glass lens on the camera, one of the 'chicklets now wants to know if they think their reflection is another bird? :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 22:18 »
Hey Kinderchicklets !

Yes, the peregrines can see the camera but they don't know what a camera is or what it does - and they most certainly don't know that we are watching them.  They can see some of their reflection in the glass lens on the camera, but the lens isn't very big so its only a little reflection, which may be why they like to get up close to check it out!!

TPC

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 - Kinderchicklets / Can they see the camera?!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 16:57 »
The Kinderchicklets finally got to see one of the peregrines come right up to the camera this morning, Tracy. It was very exciting for them! ;D A few of the 'chicklets were wondering if Princess and Ivy can see the webcam and do they know we are watching them?! :o LOL! That's their question for today.