Author Topic: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign  (Read 34507 times)

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2010, 10:23 »
I like option 3 also.  Save the money and make a double donation next year.  :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2010, 23:18 »
Option 3 sounds like my choice then, if The Project budget is healthy at present.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2010, 22:33 »
Option 3 - Save up the money for next year and send a double donation ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2010, 22:29 »
We are still in a holding pattern over our charitable status at the moment I'm afraid.  The Canadian Revenue Agency (still want to call them Revenue Canada) is taking a very long time to review our project records ... actually, my last communication with them was to tell me it would take six (yes 6) months until it was assigned an agent then it will take however long for them to get our status reinstated.  They have had all the paperwork and our reinstatement fee for months but it looks like its just going to take more (and more and more) time until we are able to issue tax receipts for donations again.

So, if you want a tax receipt (and why wouldn't you!!) you have two options:
Option 1: donate to another worthy charity this year and then donate to us again next year when (hopefully) all is sorted with CRA
Option 2: buy yourself an extra present, tell us all about it and then donate to us next year when ....

If you still want to donate and you are will to forgo a tax receipt, you are welcome to do so ... though be prepared, I will be contacting you to make sure you are okay with not getting a tax receipt for your donation.

We are at the moment in good shape heading into 2011, all our basic budgetted expenses are covered.  Hopefully the birds will all nest where they did this year and our finances won't take a hit.  But having said that, as long as the birds come back and nest somewhere, I'm a happy camper!

If you have more questions, feel free to post them here, I'll try to answer them all.
TPC

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 21:46 »
Same wondering as the others...

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2010, 21:29 »
Hey Gang,
  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here. 
And yes, the campaign continues right until the end of the year so please feel free to wait until our review by Revenue Canada is complete before donating as I can't provide tax receipts until they give me the all-clear.
TPC
Haven't been able to find the link, or any further info about this. Where would I look?

Me too, have been waiting for the link before donating  - should we just go ahead?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2010, 12:48 »
Looking forward to hearing about the "grand total" for the 2010 campaign, TPC. :) The 2011 Kinderchicklets are already "reved up" about peregrine falcons since we having been following little "Solo" in Orange, NSW, Australia. 8) But we are saving our coins for the return of our Winnipeg peregrines in the Spring, of course! ;) I haven't noticed that either the 2010 Kinderchicklet donation cheque or my donation cheque has been deposited into the Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project account, as of yet. Are you waiting till everything gets straightened out with Revenue Canada? :-\ Please feel free to deposit the cheques at any time, TPC. The donations still hold, whether or not a tax receipt is forthcoming. :)

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2010, 11:09 »
Hey Gang,
  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here. 
And yes, the campaign continues right until the end of the year so please feel free to wait until our review by Revenue Canada is complete before donating as I can't provide tax receipts until they give me the all-clear.
TPC
Haven't been able to find the link, or any further info about this. Where would I look?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2010, 13:38 »
Hey Gang,

I'm back from my road trip for work (two weeks and I don't want to tell you how many kms!).  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here.  Have added in some history of the campaign since it seems like this might happen again ( ;) thanks Kinderchick ) especially since there is a lovely new donation box (will post the photo).  Will also post information on what the money will be used for this year  ;D

Thanks for your patience everyone ...
TPC

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2010, 00:36 »
She is a REALLY nice people !!  ;D
Though the jury might still be out on her hubby...... :o
LOL, Eye-Spy! No need to keep the jury out! After our trip to see the Brandon chicks and then the University of Calgary chicks, he is definitely hooked on Peregrine falcons! ;D 8)

I'll sure go this route as well.  I love the idea of connecting a donation with the Kinderchicklets' efforts! ;D ;D
And "thank you",susha, for joining the Kinderchicklet fundraising campaign! ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2010, 19:52 »
TPC, will there be a "campaign" for the 2010 Kinderchicklets fundraising added to the project website? It doesn't matter to me but, in case you want to keep track of how much is raised this way, I thought it would be better to check first before donating through one of the other options!  ???

Yes there will be Saoirse - tomorrow in fact!!  Thanks for reminding me to post a link to the page here when its up and running!

Is it tomorrow yet? Huh? Huh?
Poke, poke...
I know you're busy TPC and I'm really not meaning to be a pain, but I thought I'd "red" this thread up for the heck of it, in case anyone other than me was wondering about what to do about donations while we're still all warm and fuzzy about this year's new additions to the falcon families.

BTW I just want to add that I really enjoyed reading all the Kinderchicklets' questions and about their fund raising.  Kinderchick, you are a credit to your profession!   :)  (and probably a pretty nice person too!)   :D

I'll sure go this route as well.  I love the idea of connecting a donation with the Kinderchicklets' efforts! ;D ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2010, 19:48 »

She sure is, I agree!  And I'm sure her hubby is too!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2010, 10:21 »

I met Kinderchick's hubby.  He is very nice and when they passed through Brandon on their trip, he seemed genuinely interested in our feathered friends.  :) 

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2010, 09:59 »

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25 »
TPC, will there be a "campaign" for the 2010 Kinderchicklets fundraising added to the project website? It doesn't matter to me but, in case you want to keep track of how much is raised this way, I thought it would be better to check first before donating through one of the other options!  ???

Yes there will be Saoirse - tomorrow in fact!!  Thanks for reminding me to post a link to the page here when its up and running!

Is it tomorrow yet? Huh? Huh?
Poke, poke...
I know you're busy TPC and I'm really not meaning to be a pain, but I thought I'd "red" this thread up for the heck of it, in case anyone other than me was wondering about what to do about donations while we're still all warm and fuzzy about this year's new additions to the falcon families.

BTW I just want to add that I really enjoyed reading all the Kinderchicklets' questions and about their fund raising.  Kinderchick, you are a credit to your profession!   :)  (and probably a pretty nice person too!)   :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2010, 17:04 »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2010, 12:58 »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2010, 21:42 »
Well, thank you, one and all! And I too plan to match the Kinderchicklet's final total, "dollar for dollar", to quote
Eye-Spy! :D

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2010, 12:27 »
Definitely meant match and will match - the 'Chicklets are amazing! I hope they had a great graduation day, and please tell them how very special they all are, Kinderchick!
Ditto to all of the above from me.  Super effort from you all.  And think of all the long term value of all that learning!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2010, 11:43 »
Congratulations to Kinderchicklets, each and every one of you did a wonderful job!!!!!  It is wonderful that you care so much about the falcons that you have raised 132.17 dollars for the cause.  Will I can't match your big donation I will send something to Tracy in the form of a cheque sometime this summer.  Again Congratulations!!!

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2010, 06:10 »
when I added up all of our coins late this afternoon, our GRAND TOTAL was (enormous drum roll, please!)... $132.17! ;D  :D

Wow - that's amazing! Congratulations to the Kinderchicklets. As they say "the cheque is in the mail".

Tracy - I haven't matched the total, but have e-mailed you details so you can include the amount in your tally.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2010, 00:46 »
Same here, another match of the total the little ones raised.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2010, 23:55 »
Hey, I said I would match it too, even if it means I won't be able to feed my children, or send my cheque to the starving orphans, or help Alli pay for etiquite classes, or post Barbara's bail.......
Barbara does nothing that would ever require bail  ::)
My cheque for $ 150.00 is written and just waiting for the ok to be mailed to the project.
And you, my darlin' boy, are such a cutie ....    ::) ::)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 00:01 by bccs »

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2010, 23:54 »
Definitely meant match and will match - the 'Chicklets are amazing! I hope they had a great graduation day, and please tell them how very special they all are, Kinderchick!

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2010, 22:21 »
Yup, me too...... think I can survive without food for a few days.....

Congrats, kinderchicklets!

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2010, 22:21 »
Well definitely a great big round of applause to the Kinderchicklets for their fanastic fundraising. You kids rock, wonderful wonderful job.  :-* :-* and I am more than happy to match your total.

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2010, 22:19 »
Hey, I said I would match it too, even if it means I won't be able to feed my children, or send my cheque to the starving orphans, or help Alli pay for etiquite classes, or post Barbara's bail.......

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2010, 22:03 »
Well, I said I'd match what the kinderchicklets raised -- and I'm still in for that (so I just won't eat this coming week -- and that won't be a bad thing!).  ::)  Seriously, though, Kinderchick, those kids should be really proud of themselves -- and you should be proud of yourself for inspiring them.  :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2010, 21:34 »
Well, you are NOT going to believe this! :o Yesterday, I thought I had posted the Kinderchicklets final total, or at least the close to final total, but it seems I was wrong! :o This morning, at the Kinderchicklet's Graduation, we raised a whole bunch more money, when their grandparents suddenly starting digging into their pockets and giving their little 'chicklets more "loonies" and "toonies", etc. etc. to add to our collection box! :o Needless to say, this was totally unexpected and I was in shock! :o I will post the whole story tomorrow on the Classroom Board, because I am exhausted this evening. But when I added up all of our coins late this afternoon, our GRAND TOTAL was (enormous drum roll, please!)... $132.17! ;D For those of you who posted that you would "match" what they raised, I don't imagine that you ever thought it would be THAT much! :o I know that I, myself, never imagined they would come close to $100.00, let alone MORE than $100.00! :o So whatever amount people feel they are able to contribute to the Recovery Project, I'm sure that it will all be gratefully accepted! Right, Tracy? ;) Thank you to all who jumped on our "bandwagon", in support of our beloved Manitoba Peregrines! :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2010, 22:41 »
Tracy, any preference on how we should pay our "kinderchicklet matching" donations? Online donation through the website? Or a cheque?

Good questions Saoirse ... I'll set up an online donation link for Kinderchicklet Campaign donations - you will be able to specify the amount and pay online.  Or you can pay by cheque, please include a donation form and mark that its part of the Kinderchicklet Campaign if you wouldn't mind.

Please remember folks, that I can't issue tax receipts until our CRA review is complete, so if you want to wait you can contibute to the Kinderchicklet Campaign right up until the end of December 2010.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2010, 22:08 »
Happy graduation Kinderchicklets!  Congratulations and thank you for setting a good fundraising example for us phanatics.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2010, 21:32 »
Way to go!  How many more days to go?  :o :o
Well, tomorrow morning is the Kinderchicklet's "Graduation Day" and family picnic, so I expect that we are near the end of our campaign. The 'chicklet's last day of school is Wednesday, June 30th. But I will likely post our absolute final total tomorrow. :D

Great job of fundraising - good work!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2010, 21:04 »
Well, tomorrow morning is the Kinderchicklet's "Graduation Day" and family picnic, so I expect that we are near the end of our campaign. The 'chicklet's last day of school is Wednesday, June 30th. But I will likely post our absolute final total tomorrow. :D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2010, 20:42 »
Great work chicklets!

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2010, 20:23 »
A big thank you to the kinderchicklets and kinderchick for all your fundraising!  I'm waiting to hear the final total for matching!

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2010, 19:29 »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 18:13 »
Tracy, any preference on how we should pay our "kinderchicklet matching" donations? Online donation through the website? Or a cheque?

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2010, 17:19 »
What a great bunch of 'Chicklets! They deserve a huge round of applause!

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2010, 17:12 »
A big congratulations to the Kinderchicklets for the huge amount they raised and on their special day tomorrow. Hope they have a super duper Graduation!!!
 :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 16:52 »
Well folks, the 2010 Kinderchicklets have just about wrapped up their fundraising campaign for this season, unless, of course, a few more coins trickle in by tomorrow, when they will "graduate".  :D Drum roll, please... today's tally brings us up to just over the $100.00 mark... $103.07! ;D Yikes! :o I'd better get my cheque book out!  :o I have just e-mailed our school principal with our "almost" final tally and she will be pulling out the school cheque book very soon! ;D 8)

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 17:09 »
Oh my gosh - that is amazing!!! What a wonderful bunch of chicklets!
 :-* :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 17:00 »
Are you ready for today's Kinderchicklet fundraising total?!:o Are you sure you are ready?!  :o Okay then, here goes... The new total for today is $91.06! :o How DO they do it?! :o  ;D One more day to go! ;)

Offline pmg

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 00:14 »
The chicklets are surely setting a good example!!!

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 19:08 »
And the new Kinderchicklet fundraising total for today is $78.06

WAY TO GO, 'CHICKLETS!

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2010, 16:24 »
Wow, well done Kinderchicklets! 

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 15:46 »
Ditto  :o :o :o :o :o :o  I guess we shouldn't really be too surprised - but  :o :o :o :o

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2010, 15:26 »
 :o  :o   :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 14:40 »
And the new Kinderchicklet fundraising total for today is $78.06;D I guess Eye-Spy was right, the phones, they are a-ringing! ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29 »
Now that the Kinderchicklet Campaign Challenge has been made and Bccs & Eye-Spy have raspberried each other I think we can move mosey our way back on topic.

Thank you to the Kinderchicklets and their donation jar.  A thank you to everyone who has made in-kind and/or financial donations in the past and  those who plan to make in-kind and/or financial donations in the future.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 22:27 »
It should be noted by all that I do realize Barbara's generosity on a continuing basis.  I in no way intended for it to seem otherwise.  The regulars here will understand our unique relationship ( :-X), and will know what this is about. 
I hear ya, Eye-Spy! ;)
again, pffftttt ::)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 22:16 »
It should be noted by all that I do realize Barbara's generosity on a continuing basis.  I in no way intended for it to seem otherwise.  The regulars here will understand our unique relationship ( :-X), and will know what this is about. 
I hear ya, Eye-Spy! ;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 22:14 »
Right.................................

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 22:12 »
It should be noted by all that I do realize Barbara's generosity on a continuing basis.  I in no way intended for it to seem otherwise.  The regulars here will understand our unique relationship ( :-X), and will know what this is about.  
pfffffttttt   :P :P ::) ::)

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 22:10 »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 22:09 »
Just getting the rules straight, still will match the kiddies up to one hundred.
And that IS extremely generous of you, bccs! :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 22:07 »
Just getting the rules straight, still will match the kiddies up to one hundred.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 22:07 »
Hey Kinderchicklets
I accept your challange, and will match any donations that you make, dollar for dollar.  Lets ring those phones !!!
LOL, Eye-Spy! ;D From the sounds of things, I do believe that you have been MORE than generous, donating all of those cameras, etc. etc. But if you want to be part of the Kinderchicklet Fundraising Challenge as well, then all I have to say is, Let's hear it for Eye-Spy! :-* I can hear those phones ringing off the wall, now that you've joined, Eye-Spy! ;D The more, the merrier! 8)

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 22:05 »
Hmmmmm, is the match only for this fundraiser or what I donate for the whole year??
The Kinderchicklet fundraising challenge is asking if Forum members are interested in matching what the Kinderchicklets raise, bccs. Of course, if anyone wants to give more or less, that's just fine! ;D It's all for the Recovery Project and that's what's important. ;)
Very aware of that Kinderchick, just replying to a challenge to me put out there by Eye-spy.
Which she hasn't responded to.....

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 22:03 »
Hmmmmm, is the match only for this fundraiser or what I donate for the whole year??
The Kinderchicklet fundraising challenge is asking if Forum members are interested in matching what the Kinderchicklets raise, bccs. Of course, if anyone wants to give more or less, that's just fine! ;D It's all for the Recovery Project and that's what's important. ;)
Very aware of that Kinderchick, just replying to a challenge to me put out there by Eye-spy.

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 21:58 »
Hey Kinderchicklets

I accept your challange, and will match any donations that you make, dollar for dollar.  Lets ring those phones !!!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 21:55 »

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 16:50 »

I notice a bit of hesitation in your question.  So, just so we understand, No, it does not include "other" things.
No hesitation, just wanted to see if you would take the challenge that you are asking of me ;D

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 16:16 »

I notice a bit of hesitation in your question.  So, just so we understand, No, it does not include "other" things.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 15:00 »
Well then, my donation won't amount to near as much as Eye-spy claims. ::) ::)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 15:02 by bccs »

Offline jadoo

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 14:36 »
...(i think it was the amount spent on booze...)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 14:32 »
To quote TPC, a great big "Yippee Skippee" to bccs! ;D

Easy there Kinderchick, she spends TWICE that on booze every weekend.  I think she can pony up a little more.  In fact, I bet she could double that if she realllly liked the birds........ :)

I in fact challenge her to do so, and I will match her donation.

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 14:09 »
And going up - what a terrific bunch of fundraisers.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 13:54 »
Kinderchicklet's new fundraising total today is ... $43.00! :D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 21:13 »
Gross!!  That's just absolutely disgusting!  I just threw up in my mouth   :-X

Completely & utterly GROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 21:20 by allikat »

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 21:10 »
Awwwwwww, you are such a humble guy,  that's why I love you   :-* :-*

(   hee hee hee  )

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 21:07 »
My pleasure.

but, umm, that was all supposed to be our little secret, wasn't it Tracy ?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 21:17 by Eye-spy »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 21:06 »
well um, uh um, .......I really don't have the same feelings, but you are still our special tree!?   :P

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 21:04 »
Hmmmmmmmm, ya, ok ,ya I guess you're alright, kinda, sorta, hmmmm  es, ya you're not a horrible person. ::) ::) ::)

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 21:02 »
Thank you TPC for all this information.  I was totally oblivious to any of this.  Thank you to all.  And, Eye-Spy, I agree with Kinderchick that "you da man". ;D ;)

Offline pmg

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 21:00 »
way to go eye spy...you rock :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 19:25 »
...None of this would be possible without Eye-Spy's generosity!!
Well, what can I say, Eye-Spy, except "You da man!"  8) Thank you!  :-* Thank you!  :-* Thank you!  :-* And an especially great big "THANK YOU" from all 23 of the Kinderchicklets (and their families, of course)! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  And one from their teacher! ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 19:27 by Kinderchick »

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 18:40 »
And very generous he is! Way to go, Eye-Spy, and thank you very, very much!  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 16:32 »
The last couple of posts made me realize that we have so many new members here that don't know all the history of our cameras and the "Guys" ....

The webcam is a partnership of lots of folks.  CBC Manitoba provides the website, streaming software and band width for all traffic to the website.  Shaw provides us with the dedicated internet connection year-round which not only allows us to watch the birds but also watch for them before and after the nesting season.  Last year and again this year, Shaw provided us with a second connection for the West Winnipeg birds. 

In our first year (2006), Shaw donated a camera for us to hang off the side of the Hotel -Eye-Spy was the one who actually figured out how to hang it (no mean feat!!).  That camera is still in operation - its the spycam - and is invaluable for finding out who's home and when!!  In 2007 the birds nested in the nestbox and so we needed different cameras and suddenly Eye-Spy was installing the smallest camera I had ever seen.  And when the storms of 2007 (as bad as this year but with Elie Tornado) took out the camera, he was replacing the camera almost before I called him.  In 2008, just to mix things up, the birds decided to nest on the ledge and Eye-Spy turned up with another camera that we could operate remotely (the spycam was our first) and we had camera #3, the nestledge cam, which made such a difference in 2008 and 2009 and changed alot of things about how we run the webcam.  Now in 2010, there are three cameras on the east-side - the nestbox cam and a nestledge cam and now the skycam which is the nestledge cam re-tasked.  Eye-spy has donated all of the camera equipment, all the computer equipment (for streaming & recording) and all the installation and maintenance work. 

Starting last year, Eye-Spy also donated a camera for the West Winnipeg birds because we couldn't keep a close-eye on them. This year we have two cameras on Jules and Beau and their chicks and the ability to watch them remotely and record them as well. 

None of this would be possible without Eye-Spy's generosity!!

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 13:51 »
Shhhh, kinderchick, where do you think the cameras came from??
I wasn't aware that Eye-Spy personally donated the cameras, bccs. :-[ Thanks for letting me know.  ;) I thought that they were donated by SHAW... I really just wanted to highlight TPC's point, that you have always been financially generous, where the Recovery Project is concerned. :D Thanks for your donation of the cameras to the Recovery Project, Eye-Spy!  :-* And of course, it goes without saying, but I will say it, thanks for volunteering all of your time in setting them up and maintaining them! :-*
I was under the same impression Kinderchick!   A big Thank You Eye-Spy for cameras and all that you do...........even cleaning poop-art so that we all can see the birdies better ;D :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 13:20 »
I wasn't aware that Eye-Spy personally donated the cameras, bccs. :-[ Thanks for letting me know.  ;) I thought that they were donated by SHAW... I really just wanted to highlight TPC's point, that you have always been financially generous, where the Recovery Project is concerned. :D Thanks for your donation of the cameras to the Recovery Project, Eye-Spy!  :-* And of course, it goes without saying, but I will say it, thanks for volunteering all of your time in setting them up and maintaining them! :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 13:06 »
Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)
(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Are YOU joining our campaign, Eye-Spy?! ;) :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 12:58 »
Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)
(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Are YOU joining our campaign, Eye-Spy?! ;) :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 12:48 »
Oh don't worry TPC, I never take him seriously. ::)
Hey there Mr. Tree, I'll show ya my tax receipts if you like.  :P

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 12:20 »

Easy there Kinderchick, she spends TWICE that on booze every weekend.  I think she can pony up a little more.  In fact, I bet she could double that if she realllly liked the birds........ :)

Bccs is very generous to the birds, so far, I don't think there has been a single fundraising campaign that she hasn't participated it ... so Bccs, ignore boy (bah boy)   ;)

(Eye-Spy   :-* )

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 17:19 »

I in fact challenge her to do so, and I will match her donation.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 21:13 by Eye-spy »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 17:07 »

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 13:56 »
I'll match up to a hundred.

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 13:38 »
I appreciate the Kinderchicklets and their commitment to the Project but I should let everyone know that at the moment our charitable status is being reviewed - I made a change on our last tax return and it prompted a review  :-\  What that means is that I can't issue tax receipts until the review is finished.

So we can do one of two things ...

1.  You can send in your donation and I will hold it until the review is complete then send out a tax receipt
OR
2.  You can hold onto the donation until the review is complete and then send it in and I can issue the tax receipt then.

Should have used an Accountant   :-X  .  They are going to victimize the boids now for sure...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 21:00 »
A great big "high five" to Jo! ;D

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 20:04 »
I'll be sending a donation as well - I know what an amazing job the Kinderchicklets of 2009 did - so I don't want to commit to matching their total  ;)

Ummm - maybe I have to rethink that - I'm watching the chicks in another window an just as I typed that one of the chicks walked up to the camera to create a white out. As if to say "match the Kinderchicklets or I don't move". lol

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 16:18 »
Way to go Kinderchicklets.
Thanks, dodobird! ;D

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 16:04 »
Way to go Kinderchicklets.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 15:22 »
A great big "thumbs up" to bcbird! :-* And here is our new total from the Kinderchicklets today... $38.00! ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 00:25 »
Count me in for matching!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 23:26 »
 * BIG applause *

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 22:31 »
Big "ROUND OF APPLAUSE" for birdcamfan, sami and msdolittle! ;D ;D ;D

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 21:56 »
i have payroll deduction for a donation.  regardless what the outcome is the project can keep the money.  It's the most worthwhile cause I can think of.  (receipt or not)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 21:52 »
Yikes! :o Looks like I should have checked with TPC first. ;) Oh well, how does that song go? "It don't matter to me!"I will still match the Kinderchicklets, TPC. They are so excited about bringing in their "loonies" and "toonies"!  ;D And I don't mind sending in my donation when our campaign is done, by the end of June... unless, of course, you would prefer us to hold off, for the time being.  :-\ At any rate, I will make a pledge to match them, whatever you decide and whatever is the easiest for you. :)

No way for you to know Kinderchick, meant to post a note on our donation page but just haven't had the time yet. 

What I can do is this:  when I receive a donation, I'll send out a note saying its been received safely and folks can decide if they want me to "hold" it or send it back.  When the review has been completed, I'll let everyone know and I'll send out tax receipts for the donations I'm holding and folks who have been holding onto their donations can send them in as per usual.

And I don't have a problem "holding" donations as we don't have any large invoices to pay right away like we did last year with the lifts to the nestledge.  We have some money in the bank which will cover the smaller expenses we have at the moment, so we have some leeway thanks to everyone's generosity last year.

If anyone wants more information but would prefer to ask privately, please feel free to pm or email me.

Thank you everyone for your support this year and every year - it is greatly appreciated!

Tracy
The Peregrine Chick

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 20:38 »
Count me in to match, whenever it works best.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 20:34 »
The cheque is in the mail

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 20:15 »
Three great big "CHEERS!" for des, Pam and Saorise! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 19:44 »
I'm in, too -- and, as Kinderchick said, whatever works best for you, TPC.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 19:23 »
Count me in, tax receipt or not!

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 19:20 »
I'll match the Kinderchicklets' total as well.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 19:10 »
And a great big "Hip Hip Hooray!" goes out to dodobird and LinderLou! ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 19:07 »
Yikes! :o Looks like I should have checked with TPC first. ;) Oh well, how does that song go? "It don't matter to me!"I will still match the Kinderchicklets, TPC. They are so excited about bringing in their "loonies" and "toonies"!  ;D And I don't mind sending in my donation when our campaign is done, by the end of June... unless, of course, you would prefer us to hold off, for the time being.  :-\ At any rate, I will make a pledge to match them, whatever you decide and whatever is the easiest for you. :)

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 18:29 »
I will definitely be willing to match (hope the figure doesn't have too many zero's) Will make my donation when their total is announced.
Way to Go Kinderchicklets  :-*

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 17:46 »
I appreciate the Kinderchicklets and their commitment to the Project but I should let everyone know that at the moment our charitable status is being reviewed - I made a change on our last tax return and it prompted a review  :-\  What that means is that I can't issue tax receipts until the review is finished.

So we can do one of two things ...

1.  You can send in your donation and I will hold it until the review is complete then send out a tax receipt
OR
2.  You can hold onto the donation until the review is complete and then send it in and I can issue the tax receipt then.

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 16:42 »
I will absolutely match (well, to a point - I know they will be fantastic fundraisers) They have started out with a big bang. Will watch for your updates Kinderchick.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 16:13 »
If you haven't already read this on one of the Kinderchicklet's threads, we began our fundraising campaign for the Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project, today at school. ;D The Kinderchicklets are raiding their piggy banks and are bringing "loonies" and "toonies" to school. On our first day, we have raised $20.00! ;D Once again, my school Principal has agreed to "match" the amount that the Kinderchicklets raise, by a donation from our school! :D I plan to "match" the Kinderchicklets, as well, with a personal donation. :D Anyone else up for the challenge, or at least matching part of what the 'chicklets raise? :-\ I will post an update each day till their Graduation Day, which is on Friday, June 25th. ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 16:20 by Kinderchick »