Author Topic: Black Bears - Minnesota / Ted & Lucky  (Read 10180 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Black Bears - Minnesota / Ted & Lucky (2011)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 13:34 »
Ted & Lucky are up and about right now! Ted looks as if he wants to go back to sleep but Lucky appears to have a stick that he is playing with in the den. LOL! :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 13:54 »
Some action in Ted & Lucky's bear den right now! :D Grooming and hugging each other! 8) They certainly do appear to be good friends! :)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 13:57 »
Thanks for telling us about this, Kinderchick.  I am watching these two buddies now.  They are very restless, but seem to be o.k. with this.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Black Bears - Minnesota / Ted & Lucky (2011)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:40 »
Ted is a 14 yr. old black bear who has been reported to be one of the largest black bears on record at the NABC. This past winter, he denned with his male buddy, Lucky, a 4 yr. old black bear who was going to be euthanized at a rehabilitation facility, prior to his coming to live at the NABC forested enclosure last summer. Apparently, it took Ted & Lucky from July to October to become friends as Lucky needed time to learn to trust Ted. Now, they are the best of friends and are inseparable. A new webcam has recently been installed in their den and they can been seen snuggling up to one another or stealing each other's bedding, when the other is asleep! LOL! :D

For anyone interested, here is the link...  http://www.bear.org/livecams/ted-lucky-cam.html

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Black Bears - Minnesota / Ted & Lucky
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 20:12 »
Black Bears - Minnesota / NABC

The webcam has stopped for now - it followed a 3-year-old female bear, Lily with her cub, Hope.  I wasn't aware of this cam until a friend told me about it and by then, mother and cub had left the den.  Lots has happened since, including several separations of mom and daughter and there are many videos following their progress as well as lots of other info about the research being done on wild black bears.  I haven't had time to read much of it - still have tons to read and learn about Peregrines!  Oh, to have more time... ::)

Just wondering if anybody else has been following the activites of the NABC...?