Author Topic: Viewing Pictures  (Read 1914 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Viewing Pictures
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 16:15 »
If you can't view a photo from time to time, its probably because the server on which the photos are saved is going through maintenance or can't be accessed for one reason or another.  So, if a photo you can see today is store on Photobucket, if you can't view it another day, its because there is a problem accessing the photo on the Photobucket server.  None of the photos are stored with the Forum, they are just referenced by the Forum.

And yes, sometimes firewalls and privacy settings can interfere with viewing photos, but if you have viewed them once, you shouldn't have any problems later if you are on the same computer.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 23:09 »
Some days the pictures are there, then the next thery're not, and a day later, they're back. It seems to have something to do with how fast the pictures are being downloaded, at least on my computer, which may or may not have anything to do with what is happening on anybody else's.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 22:49 »
... it is weird because sometimes the same pictures that I couldn't view will come up another time. Glad I'm not the only one this is happening too.
LinderLou, this happens occasionally to me too and we have a relatively new computer... Actually, I seem to recall this happening on the Brandon board, when rcf was moving photos around in her photo bucket. You may want to ask her about it. She seems to know alot about these things.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 22:32 »
Thanks Allikat, it is weird because sometimes the same pictures that I couldn't view will come up another time. Glad I'm not the only one this is happening too.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 22:09 »
Lately I cannot view all the pictures posted in the forums. Was not a problem in the past but now I get to view one or two and sometimes none. Is this a setting problem on my computer or something else? IE options are set to Show Pictures.
Hi Linder,
No, this isn't just you.  I have the same issues sometimes.  Don't know exactly why this happens, but it happens.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Viewing Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 21:32 »
Lately I cannot view all the pictures posted in the forums. Was not a problem in the past but now I get to view one or two and sometimes none. Is this a setting problem on my computer or something else? IE options are set to Show Pictures.