Author Topic: Saskatoon - 2010 / ? & Chaos  (Read 4249 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Saskatoon - 2010 / ? & Chaos
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:23 »
That is wonderful news. Sure wish we had more info on the nest site that Donna had and if her offspring survived. There are several sites that would be perfect - but just can't get any information from anyone - and I have tried.

I've made another request for information on Donna & the outcome from her nest in 2008 as well.  I think Chaos is at the same site that Donna was at but won't know for sure until I hear back from my contact.

As for perfect sites, we have alot of sites here that look good, but very few that are perfect ... might be the same there.  Peregrines can be surprisingly picky, "good" may not be good enough ...  The Sask folks are very good though, if there are birds available, I would be surprised if they haven't got boxes at the perfect sites ...

Offline dodobird

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 11:00 »
That is wonderful news. Sure wish we had more info on the nest site that Donna had and if her offspring survived. There are several sites that would be perfect - but just can't get any information from anyone - and I have tried.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 08:54 »
Yayyyyyyyy........this is great news!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 04:57 »
Yay...I know how you all feel  :D :D :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 22:16 »
Great news!

Does this mean that the Saskatoon link now gets moved to the Manitoba birds section?

It does .... hold on tight ... wheeeeeeee  ;D

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 21:40 »
Great news!

Does this mean that the Saskatoon link now gets moved to the Manitoba birds section?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 21:29 »
Holy smokes!!!!!  That is more than fantastic news!!!!!!! 

Way to go Chaos!!!  Now we need a mate for you!  Tupper, get your tailfeathers over there!!!! 

This is so exciting! 

So close to Regina, but yet so far!  But this does make me extremely happy to hear that our local birds are staying in Canada! 

LOVE IT!!!! ;D

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 21:26 »
All I want to say is holy moly, does it get any better??  Finger crossed.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 21:15 »
Oh, this is such good news for allikat!  :D Maybe some will show up in Regina, before we know it! ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Saskatoon - 2010 / ? & Chaos
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 21:07 »
Got an email today with a photo attached from the folks at CWS ... they were asking if the bird looked familiar, well, actually they wanted to know if the bird's leg band looked familiar.  And guess what, it did.

In 2008, Donna a 2005 wild-hatch from Brandon turned up in Saskatoon and laid 6 eggs.  I think all of them hatched but that is as much information I have (see the other thread on this board).  Also have no idea who her mate was or if she returned in 2009.  Donna is an offspring of Zeus and Holly and her nestmates were Darth Vader, Obi-wan Kenobi and Yoda.  She is also an older sister of Terminator in Grand Forks.

Today, I received news that another Brandon bird had turned up on the same territory (or rather I believe its the same territory) in Saskatoon.  A full-sister of Donna in fact by the name of Chaos.  Chaos is a 2008 wild-hatch from Brandon - her nestmates were Max and Gigi.  2008 was the last year that Zeus and Holly were together in Brandon.