Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 300088 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - Oct 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2626 on: October 06, 2008, 00:51 »
This question all of you you know the answer to but I do not.  Do your adults migrate???
any sihtings of your pair recently??

Both the Winnipeg pairs have been observed this weekend but I don't know how much time they are spending in their respective territories, could just be that I got lucky.

As for migrating, yes, our adults migrate.  Trey's mom (Madame) didn't migrate during the 10 years she was the resident female though.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2625 on: October 05, 2008, 20:33 »
I was away most of last week, but my coworkers tell me they did not see any birds at all.......I was in the office on Friday and had the same experience....will keep you posted!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2624 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01 »
This question all of you you know the answer to but I do not.  Do your adults migrate???
any sihtings of your pair recently??

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - Oct 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2623 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59 »
It has been of interest for awhile why the transmitter birds are coming back later.
we will see where they go with this .

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - Sept 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2622 on: September 24, 2008, 22:06 »
Very quiet at the Radisson this week, though I saw Princess for about 20 minutes this afternoon.....

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2621 on: September 22, 2008, 21:18 »
the bilogists call the Edmonton female homeless but I named her Miss Edmonton a few years ago.  I belong to another forum and that is what we decided to call her. I go to  see her every second day. She has not left for migration yet.  I get all the migration results form the biologist also.

We are wondering if the transmitter is affecting their return as they come back so much later than the rest???

Thank you for the news on the female with the transmitter, Bev. She has been one of my favourites since I first started watching the cam in its first year. Miss Edmonton is a much better name for her than "Homeless". She is a beauty, and she deserves to have her own nest. Are there any other nest boxes in the Edmonton area that she might use?

Interesting question about the transmitters - there could be so many factors involved in their return, I think it would be difficult to know for sure.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2620 on: September 22, 2008, 20:53 »

We are wondering if the transmitter is affecting their return as they come back so much later than the rest???

That really is interesting.  Do other locations with transmitter carrying falcons have the same findings?

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2619 on: September 22, 2008, 18:24 »
Happy to hear that Miss Edmonton is still alive and well.  I hope she finds a new mate and has some wee ones next year.  At the very least I hope her and Radisson don't have a run in next year..talons crossed that both will have mates and nestboxes.

I'm glad the Fort Sask male also found a new mate and nestbox, that is very encouraging.  I always read that they just end up being part of the floater population and I don't like to hear that..I like your ending better  :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2618 on: September 22, 2008, 16:19 »
I was out at Helens where the 2 chicks  foster chicks form your nest came from.  They were sent back to Helen and they wee put back with the adults. Unfortunately when I was there that was the one area I could not see because at that point they do not want to disturb th parenting process.

I could e-mail her and ask her where they ended up.

the bilogists call the Edmonton female homeless but I named her Miss Edmonton a few years ago.  I belong to another forum and that is what we decided to call her. I go to  see her every second day. She has not left for migration yet.  I get all the migration results form the biologist also.
Do the Manitoba falcons migrate??
there is also a transmitter on a male from Fort Saskatchewan. he lost his original nest box this year but he ended up mating with a female not far off on a trestle bridge where there is also a  nest box,.  Peter and I went out to see it and there were 2 chicks there. I have pictures somewhere.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2617 on: September 20, 2008, 23:09 »
From my vantage point, zero sightings over the last couple of days......will keep you posted!

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2616 on: September 20, 2008, 13:47 »
[The Edmonton site follows the migration of the former female at the Edmonton nest, whom they nicknamed "Homeless" (she deserves a much better name than that), and a female from Calgary, both with transmitters. The former female from Edmonton winters in Colombia: it is amazing how far and how fast peregrines can travel.

http://www.falconcam.med.ualberta.ca/migration.html

Thanks Alison.   :) I am embarassed that I had forgotten about these pages :-[  Lots of great information there and I hope that they will provide updates for fall 2008 once the transmitter birds start migrating.  I also loved the falcon story page with the account of the Calgary female who had a ride on a freighter. Talk about a migration adventure.  ;D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2615 on: September 19, 2008, 19:31 »
Great pics...especially of those fat, well fed little chicks with their bulging crops. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #2614 on: September 19, 2008, 17:27 »
Tracy would be the one with that answer...maybe she can fill us in if she knows.

Did we ever find out how those 2 little cutie foster chicks made out?  Apologies if it was already posted but I must have missed it - I hope they were able to find a new home for them and that they fledged successfully.
[/quote]

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2613 on: September 19, 2008, 15:38 »
I have been wondering if there are any Canadian web sites that are tracking peregrine migration?

Does Alberta report on the birds that they have been tracking?

The Edmonton site follows the migration of the former female at the Edmonton nest, whom they nicknamed "Homeless" (she deserves a much better name than that), and a female from Calgary, both with transmitters. The former female from Edmonton winters in Colombia: it is amazing how far and how fast peregrines can travel.

http://www.falconcam.med.ualberta.ca/migration.html

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2612 on: September 19, 2008, 09:55 »
Nice pictures Dennis!  Did we ever find out how those 2 little cutie foster chicks made out?  Apologies if it was already posted but I must have missed it - I hope they were able to find a new home for them and that they fledged successfully.