Author Topic: Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess  (Read 390551 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: 2009 Resident Pair - Trey & Princess
« Reply #9936 on: May 08, 2010, 16:58 »
For those of you wanting to know what happened to Trey, the answer is that we don't know.  He could have met an accident on his way down south or back north again.  He could be taking a sabbatical year - he did the same in 2003 before coming back with Princess in 2004 to supplant his former mate Madame.  He could have come back too late and couldn't get back into Princess' good graces.  He could be recovering somewhere from an injury.  He could be on another territory somewhere (least likely).  Or something we haven't even though about yet ....

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Radisson - 2009 / December
« Reply #9935 on: December 30, 2009, 13:04 »
Could absolutely be peregrines or any number of other birds of prey species.  Could be migrating somewhere further south or they could have reached their preferred wintering grounds.

Yet another reason one should always carry field glasses and a high powered camera   ;)

(hope you had fun MH!)
or be able to take TPC and Dennis and family along!
Failing that, I am going to start taking a bird field guide for the area when I travel!

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Radisson - 2009 / December
« Reply #9934 on: December 30, 2009, 07:43 »
Loved the ecard!!!!

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Radisson - 2009 / December
« Reply #9933 on: December 03, 2009, 08:47 »
Thanks for the reply.All I know for sure is that they were not pigeons.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2009 / November
« Reply #9932 on: November 26, 2009, 17:46 »
Could absolutely be peregrines or any number of other birds of prey species.  Could be migrating somewhere further south or they could have reached their preferred wintering grounds.

Yet another reason one should always carry field glasses and a high powered camera   ;)

(hope you had fun MH!)

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Radisson - 2009 / November
« Reply #9931 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38 »
I miss the family as well.
Got a question for Tracy. I just came back from Jamiaca(Ocho Rios). Was there a week. I noticed  several time there were brids way way up in the sky that acted just like the peregrines.You know when they just coast on the winds without flapping their wings. there were  approx 7 of them. Could it be peregrines on migratation? or a similiar bird of prey?

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2009 / November
« Reply #9930 on: November 09, 2009, 15:25 »
As I was walking home this afternoon along Garry Street, what di I spy but a swing stage hanging from the IKON bouilding ( the old credit union central bldg. ).
There was a sign on the sidewalk, so I crossed the street to see what company had their equipment there. Sure enough, D.A. Matthews, the ones that TPC used for the tuppernest and the banding. I stopped and watched for a bit and was wondering if it was the very same one that transported TPC.
Sigh, I miss the birdies.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2009 / October
« Reply #9929 on: October 25, 2009, 15:53 »
BCF, keep,us sane?????????
That's assuming that we are to begin with. I lay no claim to sanity, just to set the record straight. ;D ;D ;D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9928 on: October 25, 2009, 12:53 »
I'm trying to decide on what photo to use this year for the countdown timer ... one of Dennis' I think ... maybe Jules?  Zeus?  the chicks?

Tough decision and one not to be made lightly as it will have to hold us for just under 5 months !

I'm not sure what you're talking about, TPC? What is a "count down timer"? ???
TPC puts up an estimated count down timer on the CBC page that features the Peregrine Falcon links. It's a great way to keep us all sane while we are awaiting their return. It's easy to miss having seen it if you don't go to that page..it depends how you are bookmarked. I can't remember when it started last year. It's a great thing to look forward to when there is nothing but cold weather and snow to talk about.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9927 on: October 24, 2009, 22:48 »
I'm trying to decide on what photo to use this year for the countdown timer ... one of Dennis' I think ... maybe Jules?  Zeus?  the chicks?

Tough decision and one not to be made lightly as it will have to hold us for just under 5 months !

the countdown until Trey and Princess come back!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9926 on: October 24, 2009, 22:37 »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9925 on: October 24, 2009, 00:03 »
Wow TPC....great read!!!   :o
Trey is so beautiful and Ivy is certainly on his way to being a mature falcon who will look exactly like his Dad.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 00:06 by allikat »

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9924 on: October 23, 2009, 22:34 »
And also it's an interesting publication

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #9923 on: October 23, 2009, 20:33 »
Nice read about the Peg's falocns!  :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9922 on: October 23, 2009, 17:32 »
Here's a neat new story about the Winnipeg peregrines ... The best and worst years for Winnipeg’s peregrine falcons in the online magazine PegMag.