Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 301360 times)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - Sept 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2596 on: September 10, 2008, 19:36 »
I was SO happy today to see someone sitting on the nestledge at about 4:15 p.m.  I was on the bus on Graham, so I couldn't see who.  Thanks, Pam -- now I know!  I have seen almost nothing of them this summer.  Last summer, I saw them all the time.  Not being attached to the building by chicklets sure makes a difference! 

Anyway, glad they're still hanging on to/out in their territory! 

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2595 on: September 10, 2008, 18:50 »
Both Trey & Princess around this afternoon.  Nice to see them both!  Princess was commanding the street from the edge of the nestledge, and Trey was hiding up on the Radisson sign.

PS Welcome back, Tracy!

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2594 on: September 04, 2008, 18:44 »
A very quiet day - not one sign of either Princess or Trey.....we'll hope for better results tomorrow!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #2593 on: September 04, 2008, 18:35 »
I spent an 1 1/2 hrs. checking buildings and waiting for one of the pair to land on the building across from Pam today...no luck. I had high hopes as Pam has seen them for the last couple of days.
I guess they where on Peregrine time and not mine...it's not the first nor the last time I go home empty handed...(
Perhaps tomorrow ???
Cheers !
Dennis

Offline Stormy

• Phanatic
  • Hatchling
« Reply #2592 on: September 04, 2008, 13:37 »
I know I don't post very much on this board, but have been reading the posts on and off.  Glad that you're able to watch Trey and Princes and give us updates.  It feels good knowing that they are still around, gracing us with their presence.   ;D

Miss not seeing them via the webcam. *sigh*

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2591 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25 »
Sooooo glad our couple is still around!!! - I'd been wondering if they'd left the area or not. Good sign for next season - fingers crossed!!!!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Radisson - Sept 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2590 on: September 03, 2008, 20:50 »
Have seen one or the other (Trey today, I think) quite a bit (on and off) for the last two days - sitting on the nest-ledge and/or sitting on the building ledge across from us.  Nice!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - Aug 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2589 on: August 31, 2008, 18:47 »
Has it ever been quiet the last few days.  I had hardly anthing to read.  Glad that Pricess and Trey are still being seen downtown.  I guess they will be leaving soon to fly off to a warm place for the winter.  It seems like next spring is so far away.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2588 on: August 28, 2008, 21:31 »
Both birds most of the day again today, wonderful.  Tracy - could the discolouration be blood from prey??  We were wondering that today....

Dennis - we'll talk!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #2587 on: August 27, 2008, 19:34 »
...any way you can get me into your building/office  :)
Cheers !

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2586 on: August 27, 2008, 18:56 »
Actually had a wonderful day of peregrine watching - Princess sat right across from me most of the day, and Trey was just a little ways down the ledge.  Lots of preening and looking around........

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #2585 on: August 27, 2008, 15:19 »
They do molt but not in the same way as some birds. Mallards for instance totally molt where as Peregrines and other birds of prey molt a few feathers at a given time so as they don't become prey themselves.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2584 on: August 27, 2008, 11:34 »
Both birds there right now, he on the sign, she on the ledge.
Tracy - Princess looks ...... sort of discoloured on the breast, dirty, dishelelled?  I thought it was just me, but everyone here agrees she looks different.  Is that normal?  She is sitting quite happily, it seems. 

Do these birds moult at some point? I've heard of other birds moulting, have a period when they can't fly - doesn't seem like that would be reasonable for birds that catch their meals on the wing - but could she be losing a few old feathers? I've never been lucky enough to see them, so wouldn't know if anything was different. Just a wild guess.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2583 on: August 27, 2008, 09:21 »
Princess is on the building ledge right across from me, seems happy enough! 

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2582 on: August 27, 2008, 07:50 »
Both birds there right now, he on the sign, she on the ledge.
Tracy - Princess looks ...... sort of discoloured on the breast, dirty, dishelelled?  I thought it was just me, but everyone here agrees she looks different.  Is that normal?  She is sitting quite happily, it seems.