Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 301091 times)

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - Aug 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #2581 on: August 26, 2008, 21:30 »
Hey Moonstar, looks like you & I are close to hatching and becoming chicks!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2580 on: August 26, 2008, 20:06 »
Tracy have you heard how the chicks are that Trey and Princess did not want to adopt.  Just wondering if they were released in the wild or not.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2579 on: August 26, 2008, 19:48 »
I like your idea Allikat.   

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2578 on: August 26, 2008, 19:03 »
Hi Tracy...

I did actually know about the meeting room being named "The Peregrine Room".  But thanks for responding with the explanation.  I just kinda thought since some hotels in other cities have theme rooms to raise awareness for breast cancer as well as prostate cancer...that maybe The Radisson would of maybe ever thought about even naming a suite after one of their Falcons or to raise the issue that there is a recovery project for them to the public and not just in the meeting room.  I was just sorta writing down some thoughts  ;D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2577 on: August 26, 2008, 18:25 »
No sightings today......it was very windy up there!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2576 on: August 26, 2008, 16:11 »
Perhaps the room could use some pictures of each of the notable Radisson peregrines?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2575 on: August 25, 2008, 23:57 »
I really do try to get a good look to see if it's Trey or Princess on the ledge, but since I'm driving, I can really only take a quick glance, probably take more than I should, but I'm lucky if I can get a good look at the chest.  However, I do get a great look at a head!   :D
People probably think I'm crazy when half of my body is hanging out of the window to get a look at our falcons!  My body hangs out to take a look at the East nestledge and I twist and turn right around to see if anyone is hangin' around at the nestbox!  :P
I'm really happy to know that the two of them are still hangin' out in their territory to keep it their territory!  I've got everything crossed for the hopes that the handsome Trey returns for another courtship with his lovely Princess! 

Hey Tracy...do you happen to know if the Radisson has rooms named after Princess and Trey??  If they don't, that would be a great idea and perhaps to make it a conservation room where if one stays at the Princess and/or Trey suite, money is donated to the Falcon Recovery Project!

There is one room, The Peregrine Room - its a meeting room on the 12th floor - actually, its the room with the weird window who's roof is this year's nest ledge.  Its only one of two of the Hotel's meeting rooms with windows and its a great room.  If anyone visits the restaurant on the 12th floor, its the room right beside the restaurant.  None of the "sleeping" rooms is named, just the meeting rooms, and I don't imagine that that will change any.

Nice idea though.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2574 on: August 25, 2008, 23:19 »
Yay, for having back Motherhen and Pam keeping close watch.  It is so heartening to know there are regular sightings of Trey and Princess

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2573 on: August 25, 2008, 20:05 »
It seems like Princess usually sits on the right hand side outer part of the ledge much of the time.  Trey often is on the drain/leaf-catcher thing, so he can be hard to see from the street (especially from a car)!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2572 on: August 25, 2008, 20:04 »
To continue from above....

Or even any suites named after any of the falcons who made The Radisson their home???  Madame, Maud, Pop, T-Rex (okay a room named T-Rex might be a bit much) but I just think that would be wonderful! 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2571 on: August 25, 2008, 19:53 »
I really do try to get a good look to see if it's Trey or Princess on the ledge, but since I'm driving, I can really only take a quick glance, probably take more than I should, but I'm lucky if I can get a good look at the chest.  However, I do get a great look at a head!   :D
People probably think I'm crazy when half of my body is hanging out of the window to get a look at our falcons!  My body hangs out to take a look at the East nestledge and I twist and turn right around to see if anyone is hangin' around at the nestbox!  :P
I'm really happy to know that the two of them are still hangin' out in their territory to keep it their territory!  I've got everything crossed for the hopes that the handsome Trey returns for another courtship with his lovely Princess! 

Hey Tracy...do you happen to know if the Radisson has rooms named after Princess and Trey??  If they don't, that would be a great idea and perhaps to make it a conservation room where if one stays at the Princess and/or Trey suite, money is donated to the Falcon Recovery Project!

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2570 on: August 25, 2008, 18:44 »
I have no problem as long as I get a 'full frontal view!  I thought it was likely Trey on the sign - much smaller, however he didn't cooperate and turn around for me!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2569 on: August 25, 2008, 18:42 »
Had a good look from the office, and it was Princess on the ledge (definitely not Trey).  I can't ever be sure when I see them from street level, but from my 'office vantage point', it's much easier!

From the street, look at their breasts - Trey's is white and HUGE compared with Princess'.  And frequently you can see the speckles right up to her chin even from the ground if she and the light are cooperating ...

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2568 on: August 25, 2008, 18:40 »
Had a good look from the office, and it was Princess on the ledge (definitely not Trey).  I can't ever be sure when I see them from street level, but from my 'office vantage point', it's much easier!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2567 on: August 25, 2008, 18:20 »
I can confirm that!!!

I saw a falcon on the East side nestledge this afternoon on the way home @ approx. 4:50 pm...couldn't tell who but probably Princess!