Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 292620 times)

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
Re: Radisson - May 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 11:09 »
Same here!!!!...It was hard to tell if there was any pipping (chick beginning to break out of the egg)....but I don't think so...I can be patient...well sort of... ;D

Peggeratheart

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 11:05 »
I saw Trey! I saw Trey!
When I was watching who I thought was Princess they made a switch. When the "new" bird came to the nest she was clearly Princess (grey head with lighter "crown" tufts). So I saw Trey even though I didn't realize it at the time  ::)

Note to self: Princess had a crown, Trey doesn't.

Peggeratheart

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02 »
Sunday, May 25, 2008 11h00

Just saw Trey get off the eggs and Princess took over! It is 12:00 Eastern (11 am in the Peg).

With the switch I saw three eggs in the nest.

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 10:54 »
Trey's still on the eggs....he's so cute wiggling and wriggling around trying to get them all under him...

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 10:07 »
Just registered so don't know if this has been asked - does the male look after feeding the female while she incubates the eggs or does she sort of fast to a point? sorry - meant to add that at 8:30 AM Sunday, caught glimpse of 2 eggs - 3rd. is probably okay - just didn't see it. Hope the hatching does hold off until the weather improves somewhat.

I'm no expert by any means, but what I've observed from other nests...the male will usually drop off prey...usually out of cam view, and the female will leave the eggs and go chow down and the male will take over egg sitting duty...they may be what happened this morning when Princess and Trey exchanged places...

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 09:53 »
Trey's still tight on the eggs....getting a little windblown right now...occasionally he gives ya a look at one or two of the eggs...He's so cute...I think he's dozing...nope...now awake....

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 09:26 »
Hi Doreen, Its Trey on there right now.  They switched a couple hours ago.  All is well, except the darn weather.   :)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 09:21 »
Good Morning All,

It's 9:17 and I think it's Trey on the eggs!
He moved and I saw 2 eggs, couldn't see the third.
Hears hoping the chicks will hatch next week
when the weather here in Winnipeg will be better.

Doreen

randyh

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 08:32 »
Just registered so don't know if this has been asked - does the male look after feeding the female while she incubates the eggs or does she sort of fast to a point? sorry - meant to add that at 8:30 AM Sunday, caught glimpse of 2 eggs - 3rd. is probably okay - just didn't see it. Hope the hatching does hold off until the weather improves somewhat.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:35 by randyh »

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 08:32 »
hi there skyblue.  I seen the switch too, I think its Trey on now, his head is very very black, looks like he has a helmet on.  Princess has some spotting on hers towards the back neck area. Her head is not a vivid black and you can see these greyish spots.   She is bigger too but its hard to tell by that.  I go by there heads.  :) Didn't princess look so tattered this morning? Looked like loose feathers and .... ohhh  I am getting soo attached.   :)

Thanks for that description...I'll use that when I'm watching them....She really did look pretty rough this morning....definitely a bad hair  day for her....It really is amazing how attached we all get to these beautiful birds...and I can't believe how long I just stare at them...I gotta do a better job of it today and just turn them all off....(I wanted to see what purple looked like... ;D/b]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:34 by skygirlblue »

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:55 »
hi there skyblue.  I seen the switch too, I think its Trey on now, his head is very very black, looks like he has a helmet on.  Princess has some spotting on hers towards the back neck area. Her head is not a vivid black and you can see these greyish spots.   She is bigger too but its hard to tell by that.  I go by there heads.  :) Didn't princess look so tattered this morning? Looked like loose feathers and .... ohhh  I am getting soo attached.   :)

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:50 »
Princess just got up and Trey got on....or Trey got up and Princess got on.. ;D .still 3 eggs...I didn't see any pipping...but really not long enough to get a good look at the eggs...Still looks very windy there...they are doing such a good job staying tight on the eggs...Way to go kids...

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 07:49 »
Hey, its Sunday morning,just watched Princess get off her eggs and dissapear. Trey comes in from front and center, now he is taking up his shift.  Hope Princess goes somewhere and dries off.  She was pretty ragged looking, must have spent a lot time in the rain and wind. 

Peggeratheart

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 21:01 »
Thanks for your reply!
I suppose I am just not looking at the right times.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for my sighting of Trey. ;)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 13:33 »
I saw him yesterday afternoon and I'm pretty sure he had the night shift last night.  Princess and Trey are pretty equal partners when it comes to incubation.