Author Topic: 2011 "Name Dennis' New Lens" Contest  (Read 3928 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: 2011 "Name Dennis' New Lens" Contest
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 23:20 »
And the winner is Wowzer !!

And congratulations Eagle for suggesting it!  Dennis says that he is going to have to start talking to his lens now so that he is used to calling it "Wowzer" come time to snap photos of the peregrines.   ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 21:50 »
Note on a couple of the names ...

Little Bob - Dennis is sometimes referred to as "Bob" here on the Forum - its a term of endearment.  And that new lens of his is definitely big enough to be his own personal "mini me", or "Little Bob"  :D

Two-O-Bob - Knowing Dennis is sometimes endearlingly referred to as "Bob" and "suspecting that this lens would be on the longish side, I decided that a suitable name for Bob's companion would be an extension of his name by adding an extra "O"." (that's their story and they are sticking to it  ;)  )

Evan Rude - "However, I had no idea just how big this thing was. It's the size of an outboard motor! Now there's something of a sexual connotation to the name "Johnson" so I'll steer away from that one and submit Evan Rude"  (story ... sticking ...)

Loo-Loo - short for Lookie Loos which are defined as "person who holds up traffic by slowing down to look at an accident or fire or some other reality" by the Urban Dictionary.  Sounds like Dennis and his new companion - or rather we can only hope it does because those photos are going to rock!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 21:42 »
Voting will continue for 5 days (midnight on Wednesday, March 9th).

You may only vote once BUT, you can change your vote up until the deadline.

Have fun!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:51 »
the new lens is the one with Dennis' favourite "shooting" hat on it  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:16 »
Rules:

1.  Two (2) submissions per member
2.  Keep submissions clean, I know the urge will be there to take chances, but please refrain.  Dennis will review all the submissions and decide if any are too risque for his liking.
3.  Keep submissions under three (3) words in length.  
4.  As we have done with our other contests, send your submissions to me via private message or via email (the icons are to the left of this post).

When we have all the submissions, Dennis will review, we will post them in a poll and everyone gets to vote on their two favourites.  You will have about a week to vote for your favs.

When the voting is over, the top five (5) entries will be submitted to Dennis for him to choose from.  He will make is decision in time that the lens will be named before our first peregrine returns.  If there are a large number of entries, we may have more final entries for Dennis.

Caveat:  If Dennis has a favourite that doesn't make it into the final five then he is allowed to have it included in the list for his final consideration.  His final decision will be based on the name and the number of votes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:17 by The Peregrine Chick »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
2011 "Name Dennis' New Lens" Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 13:27 »
Dennis has decided to let us try to name his new yo-honkin big camera lens.

We are just working out the details on the contest but it will begin tomorrow (Feb 23).

More details and a photo or two of Dennis' new lens later today ....

;D