Author Topic: Radisson - 2011 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 223485 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2011 / Sept to Dec
« Reply #4311 on: November 18, 2011, 21:27 »
This is very exciting!  It's definitely winter today and we still have a PF in our midst!! ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #4310 on: November 18, 2011, 15:07 »
Our wintery bird has a purple anondized band so either Sandy or her boyfriend or another American peregrine is parked at the Radisson ... have to go check and see which foot Sandy's coloured band is on ..

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4309 on: November 18, 2011, 13:44 »
1342h

Birdie is on the west side Radisson sign eating on the green "slash", not sure under which letter, but I think the "i" or the first "s", - basically just south of the middle of the sign.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4308 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58 »
At 0729h this morning a peregrine buzzed by the nestbox in a split second.  The outline was unmistakable but that was about all I got.  The bird was flying north and around the building just below the nestbox.  Haven't seen any sign since and the snow hasn't been disturbed on the edge of the box this morning ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4307 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20 »
Anybody keeping an eye on the east ledge? There was easily a bucket's worth of pigeon parts on the ground below 'round noon today. 

Ah Cooper, you are killing me!!!  We've been trying to get the spy-cam on the east-side up and operating again (it doesn't use the same system as the west side cams).  I have to keep hoping she will decide she wants to sit in the sun on the nestbox instead  :'(  Though its a mess (lovely description btw  :-*), I really hope "she" hangs out dining al fresco for a few more days yet!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4306 on: November 15, 2011, 21:13 »
Anybody keeping an eye on the east ledge? There was easily a bucket's worth of pigeon parts on the ground below 'round noon today.
LOL! I love your description, Cooper! 8) ;)

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #4305 on: November 15, 2011, 18:35 »
I turned off all tracking equipment and phone and went awol from work for about 45min today around 11:45-12:30 checking roof tops/ledges with b-nocks...no luck, perhaps bad timing hard to say.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4304 on: November 15, 2011, 18:33 »
My thought exactly!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4303 on: November 15, 2011, 15:52 »

Ick, just got a visual of a KFC Bucket full of pigeon parts.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #4302 on: November 15, 2011, 14:26 »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4301 on: November 15, 2011, 00:00 »
I really do hope you get another good look at her, TPC.
Come on birdie show us some leg!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4300 on: November 14, 2011, 18:35 »
Wow, we'll have to keep checking around the west nest then! Seems a popular place to hang out these days for all different birdies!!  ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4299 on: November 14, 2011, 15:15 »
...I'd REALLY like to know who this bird is ... "she" looks like one of our pre-Princess birds (blacker/fuller cap & larger bird) so it could be quite a surprise or, it could be one of Princess' older kids looking more like their father's side of the family.

Wow! Wouldn't that be exciting, to find out that she was one of Princess & Trey's older kids! :o 8) :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4298 on: November 14, 2011, 13:49 »
Interesting how Winnipeg has so much peregrine activity these last couple years.  Did we just miss these fly-by's and are aware now with the aid of the cams? 

It could be a couple of things - 1) EyeSpy has set up the cameras so that more of them run for longer during the winter which is wonderful, and of course we have more of them total and 2) we've had more birds confirmed to be alive since Trey hooked up with Princess - their offspring have done very very well for themselves.  Brandon's chicks have never been as plentiful in the reports but they are pretty consistent, and now that they are venturing into Saskatchewan, they too seem to be doing very well.

I'd REALLY like to know who this bird is ... "she" looks like one of our pre-Princess birds (blacker/fuller cap & larger bird) so it could be quite a surprise or, it could be one of Princess' older kids looking more like their father's side of the family.

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #4297 on: November 14, 2011, 10:58 »
Very cool!  Given that the junco's are still busy in my backyard anything is possible this year.  There are still so many birds around that I'm using alot more seed than I have in the past at this time of year.

Interesting how Winnipeg has so much peregrine activity these last couple years.  Did we just miss these fly-by's and are aware now with the aid of the cams?