Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2011 / Beau & Jules  (Read 84732 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: West Winnipeg - 2011 / September
« Reply #604 on: September 18, 2011, 19:21 »
Glad you're all seeing PFs on letters!  :)  There's been no action on the J and R this year.  The difference between Trey and Ivy, I guess. Rats!

Not entirely "rats", if Ivy keeps pushing Princess to nest in the nestbox, the Hydro sign (his favourite perch) is fine with me  :D ;)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #603 on: September 16, 2011, 21:44 »
Glad you're all seeing PFs on letters!  :)  There's been no action on the J and R this year.  The difference between Trey and Ivy, I guess. Rats!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #602 on: September 16, 2011, 18:45 »
Now that I think I know where to look ( ???) I believe I saw a bird on the "T" this afternoon - just before 5:00.  Of course, I had no idea who it was, as I was driving in rush hour traffic, but I really think I saw somebody and it was very exciting.  Might have been wishful thinking  :-\

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2011, 09:20 »
Here is hoping that when they do come back next year , they pick the better site to nest at, but they do what they please, as we have all found out over the years. But sometimes they can be persuaded.

Thanks for all that was done here to try and make it successful.  :-*

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58 »
Beau on his "p", west side at 7:10 this a.m. having a breakfast feast of something.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #599 on: September 14, 2011, 07:54 »
Great that you saw one, KC -- whoever it was!  ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2011, 21:13 »
Pretty sure I saw a bird on my way home this evening. Not sure which one it was, though. :-\

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2011, 20:14 »
That would be nice to see...thanks Cooper

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2011, 07:47 »
J & B on the "n" and "t". facing east; golden in the light of the rising sun. Just lovely.  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #595 on: September 12, 2011, 13:27 »
...with eyes only for each other...
;D 8)

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2011, 09:57 »
Jules on the "e" and Beau on the "p" this morning at 7:30, with eyes only for each other. Aww.  :)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #593 on: September 07, 2011, 14:13 »
Thanks for the response, TPC. My fingers are crossed that you'll be able to confirm a good location and that Jules & Beau will cooperate when they're making their choice next spring.  ::)  And, yes, I know that they're not very good about discussing it with you beforehand!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #592 on: September 07, 2011, 12:39 »
Hopefully they can go back to their 2010 location...

I have a feeling they won't be back at their 2010 location next year. Construction will still be underway, I think. Am I correct, in remembering that you had said that, at one time, TPC?  ??? It is too bad, though, since from what I've heard, that seemed to be a good location. 

I'd forgotten about that. Any good alternate locations in the area, TPC?

Last I heard the 2010 location would still be having external repairs, but that was a couple of months ago and I noticed a few days ago that there is a second "lift" working so perhaps they will be done sooner than we thought.  But I still don't know if that will be in time for next year.  And we are going to see about ensuring that Jules can't go back to her 2011 site to nest - to visit after she's nested will be fine, but not to nest ...

As for alternate sites, where we moved Polo too will hopefully be a possibility for them, both the adults have been to/in the box over the summer, Jules was there a couple of days ago (sitting beside it, not in it) and it would make a great site.  We have been eye-balling another possibility but we will need to talk to the management company but it's a possibility, even if just for the short-term until we can (hopefully) get back on the 2010 site.

Ultimately, it will all be decided upon by the birds - either they will use the site or find somewhere else.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #591 on: September 07, 2011, 10:48 »
Beau on the "p" last night at 7:10. Like BigBird, I often see at least one here, at various times on early morning or evening drive to & from work. Disappointing when I don't actually.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #590 on: September 06, 2011, 20:51 »
My back yard...just a thought  8)
LOL! Great idea, Dennis! 8) How tall is your house?! Or do you have a very tall cliff in your back yard?! ;) LOL!