Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2011 / Beau & Jules  (Read 85742 times)

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: West Winnipeg - 2011 / July
« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2011, 22:33 »
Wow, those photos of Polo have me feeling worse than I would have thought.  This is a first for me, I don't think I want to see anymore for awhile.  I'm left just shaking my head.  Dennis it is really quite fantastic that you caught those moments of that fierce little creature.  I can only imagine, only imagine, how you, Tracy & whoever else who got to observe him must feel. I'm so sad.

Offline Leana

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2011, 21:44 »
Your photos are gorgeous Dennis, he was such a distinctive looking peregrine chick. I'm really very, very sad what has happened to him. :( :'(

I totally agree with RCF Dennis.  Those are just beautiful photos. In fact, he actually looks fierce and not so cute!  ;)  He was a little beauty though and every time I think about him I feel so sad.  But I am so very glad you and TPC were able to find him and capture these wonderful photos.  Thank you so much.  :-*

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2011, 21:29 »
How disappointing.  How quickly the excitement turns to sorrow.  From witnessing a successful fledge to only watch it end in tragedy.  
Beau and Jules will continue to guard their domain and circle their sky.  Perhaps next year, we will watch their chicks fly!
:)  Very Poetic Allikat.  So very poignant.
Thank you newchick!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2011, 21:28 »
Beau and Jules will continue to guard their domain and circle their sky.  Perhaps next year, we will watch their chicks fly!
Very well put allikat.
Thank you Moonstar!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #540 on: July 28, 2011, 20:59 »
at this time I'm unsure if there will be more or not ?
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/polo
Thanks Dennis - no worries about finding more to post.  You have great photos posted already.  :)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2011, 20:56 »
I have just finished loading some photos in the "Polo" Gallery...at this time I'm unsure if there will be more or not ?
Cheers !
Dennis

Your photos are gorgeous Dennis, he was such a distinctive looking peregrine chick. I'm really very, very sad what has happened to him. :( :'(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 20:58 by Rapidcitymbfan »

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2011, 20:39 »
I have just finished loading some photos in the "Polo" Gallery...at this time I'm unsure if there will be more or not ?

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/polo

Cheers !
Dennis

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #537 on: July 28, 2011, 17:46 »
How disappointing.  How quickly the excitement turns to sorrow.  From witnessing a successful fledge to only watch it end in tragedy.  

Very well put allikat.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2011, 16:29 »
I cannot tell you how saddened I am right now about this loss.
 :'( :'(
Big hugs to Tracy and Dennis. and also to any others who were keeping close watch on this little one.  :-* :-*

We try to give them the edge they need but sometimes, it is not meant to be.

Thank you all for your efforts

Offline sheltiegirl

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2011, 14:26 »
What a sad loss. Perhaps the pair will have more luck next year. Fingers crossed.

Offline ee_fudd

• Past Member
  • Egg
« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2011, 12:52 »
Heartfelt thoughts go out to all who cared about Polo.  Fledge watch must be so stressful, my appreciation to those who can do it.  Jules and Beau were wonderful parents.    :'(

Offline lifo

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #533 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05 »
I made my post in the Raddison thread instead of this one and so didn't see the sad news. So sorry to read that.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #532 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18 »

:)  Very Poetic Allikat.  So very poignant.

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2011, 00:50 »
Bless you Dennis for all your love & concern for the falcons and all the other wildlife you cherish and share with us through your photo's.  Be comforted by all the nature around you.

Thankyou.

Offline ESP Chickita

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2011, 23:29 »
I am so sorry to hear about Polo - another beautiful bird meets such an unfortunate circumstance. That is such sad news, so sorry that you had to go through that TPC and Dennis - but thankful that you were there to retrieve Polo and not leave him as so many other animals are left. Poor little guy.  :'(