Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2011 / Beau & Jules  (Read 84710 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: West Winnipeg - 2011 / March
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 15:16 »
I'm so happy that Jules has made it home safely, hopefully her beau will be along soon to join her  :-*

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 15:02 »
Dennis and I have been out trolling through town since 9 this morning.  No birds at all in the West Winnipeg territory, but we did find Jules hanging out in the Radisson territory, northwest of the Radisson and then on the HSC campus.  Dennis took photos with Wowzer so they should appear in his gallery in a while (no pressure Dennis  ;D)

No birds at all at any of the WW favourite locations however and no Beau with his bright red band (yet).

The second bird was probably the second bird that is now downtown ... you'll have to go check the Radisson thread for more on him/her ...

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 14:30 »
Took the little one tobogonogoning for one more time after skool and spoted, I'm sure anyway, 2, yes 2, rather peregrinish boids riding the breeze around the westnest spot, exibiting all the traits of a berd that makes the rules.  Could I be wrong....... a small chance.  Am I ?  I doubt it .......

When you say westnest, you do mean the West Winnipeg Nest.....not the downtown boids right?

Yes.

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 21:10 »
Took the little one tobogonogoning for one more time after skool and spoted, I'm sure anyway, 2, yes 2, rather peregrinish boids riding the breeze around the westnest spot, exibiting all the traits of a berd that makes the rules.  Could I be wrong....... a small chance.  Am I ?  I doubt it .......

When you say westnest, you do mean the West Winnipeg Nest.....not the downtown boids right?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 21:05 »
are you saying you saw princess ;)

Or maybe he saw Trey?! :o

Offline Helen b

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 19:49 »
are you saying you saw princess ;)

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 19:08 »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 13:28 »
Two birdies,that's great news!!   8) :)    I wonder who it could be?

Two birds! :D Yes, that is great news, as long as we don't witness any serious territorial fights! :o

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 20:37 »
Well Pam and I have a story to tell...after checking downtown and heading from A to B by way of Z...I spot a bird in West Winnipeg. Call in to my eyes in the glass tower to she what Pam has seen...nothing was the report  :( Then explain that I had a bird in the west...most likely Sandy checking things out  ???
About and hour later Pam calls and is watching Sandy/we think having lunch...since it's about coffee break time I tell Pam I will call her back.
A few minutes later I put a call into the glass tower...do you a bird I ask, Pam's reply was yes  :D
Dennis's reply was...so do I  :D
We have TWO BIRDS...thank heaven for cell phones  ;D
Thanks for your help Pam

Something tells me there are a lot of trips by way of 'z'!! :o

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 19:38 »
Two birdies,that's great news!!   8) :)    I wonder who it could be?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 19:47 by Rapidcitymbfan »

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 19:24 »
Well Pam and I have a story to tell...after checking downtown and heading from A to B by way of Z...I spot a bird in West Winnipeg. Call in to my eyes in the glass tower to she what Pam has seen...nothing was the report  :( Then explain that I had a bird in the west...most likely Sandy checking things out  ???
About and hour later Pam calls and is watching Sandy/we think having lunch...since it's about coffee break time I tell Pam I will call her back.
A few minutes later I put a call into the glass tower...do you a bird I ask, Pam's reply was yes  :D
Dennis's reply was...so do I  :D
We have TWO BIRDS...thank heaven for cell phones  ;D
Thanks for your help Pam

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 18:12 »
She sees ALLLLLLLLL!

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 17:15 »
Looking at the timing, looks like WW birdie was Sandy inspecting our other nestboxes ... she disappeared from the WW nestsite and reappeared at the Radisson within a couple of minutes.

So no new birds in Winnipeg it looks like ... but remember, we are still two or more weeks early ...
Saw somebirdy around 2:20 on the R - east side of the Radisson- nasty wind, too!
Checked around the West Nest right after - no sign of anybirdy - but couldn't see into the nest and it was very windy!
Warm sunny weather needed!
Must be great to have those 2 cams, TPC! 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 16:09 »
Looking at the timing, looks like WW birdie was Sandy inspecting our other nestboxes ... she disappeared from the WW nestsite and reappeared at the Radisson within a couple of minutes.

So no new birds in Winnipeg it looks like ... but remember, we are still two or more weeks early ...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 13:39 »
Maybe we need to hear from the illusive "West Winnipeg Poster".  ;)