Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 159694 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / March
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 20:44 »
...no peregrines today.  :'(

Well, if there are peregrines hanging around, rcf, I feel confident that you and Rose will locate them! ;) ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 19:39 »
  I imagine the birdie that was spotted on Monday was possibly just passing through.  I did see a pair of Ravens this morning, one perched at the very top of the clock tower roof and the other one perched on the south light.  There are still lots of pigeons on the roof and window sills....................no peregrines today.  :'(

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 18:44 »
Hopefully, he/she/they are just hiding away from the elements and not going back south! ::)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 18:34 »
I have been checking the McKenzie bldg very closely since the Wpg sightings. I drove past at 8:15 this morning and only saw pigeons on window sills, parapets and the roof. I got a little excited after Rose called.  ::)   ;D  I checked every chance I had while at work.  Also a few sneak a peeks when the boss went for coffee.  I can see the roof and tower from back lane ;)  I did not see any peregrines today.  :'(

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 16:38 »
Thanks for the message TPC. Hope it's a bird we know :) Yesterday about 4pm I saw a bird  with long narrow wings and a slim body fly north over the house across the street. I thought it was one of the crows that have been here all winter but it didn't fly like a crow and it was snowing so hard I couldn't see colour only the wing movements and then it was gone. RCF didn't see any activity at the McKenzie Bld. when she came to work just before 7:30 this am.(I phoned her at work just after you posted so she'll be having a good look after work ;D) Hope this bird has heard the weather forecast for tomorrow, it's not good, we are to get between 25 to 40 cms of snow. I sure hope they are wrong !!  If this bird is either Hurricane or Brooklyn they both have their hiding places to get out of nasty weather.Don't worry TPC I check for messages and am on the forum every day even though I don't post often.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 16:19 »
Have added the Brandon family tree to the Project's website for those of you who want to see who has ended up where.

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/p-trees.html

Just as a note, many of our birds wander into Saskatchewan and my records aren't complete, so as I get more information I will update the tree.  I will try to remember to post a note here when I do, but I will apologize in advance if I forget sometimes.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:49 »
We've had a report from a very experienced birder in Brandon that as of this morning (0800-0830) there was a peregrine at McKenzie Seeds!
This is great news!  :D I'm sure Rose & rcf will keep us posted, before too long. :)

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29 »
Great to hear the news about the siting.  Look forward to hearing reports from Brandon!!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26 »
We've had a report from a very experienced birder in Brandon that as of this morning (0800-0830) there was a peregrine at McKenzie Seeds!

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / Brooklyn & Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 16:19 »
  No sign of any of our birds yet, just pigeons on the roof RCF has been checking since last week. Hope they don' t show up for a day or two because it looks like we are in for about 15 cm of snow or rain. First bird didn't show last year until April 3rd.