Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 159671 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / December
« Reply #2350 on: December 09, 2011, 00:24 »
Very interesting but I'm not sure I'd want to be laying on the floor in that white dress! LOL! :D Do you know if the renos have begun for the condos yet, rcf? 

Not much done last time we were there (box installation day) and it really hadn't changed much all summer, so I suspect it hasn't progressed too much since there.

One thing I can say is that the building looks very clean in that video - heck those windows are gorgeous!!   :o :D ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2349 on: December 08, 2011, 21:52 »
Very interesting but I'm not sure I'd want to be laying on the floor in that white dress! LOL! :D Do you know if the renos have begun for the condos yet, rcf?

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2348 on: December 08, 2011, 20:55 »
Very interesting to see the inside of the McKenzie Building!  I enjoyed the music video as well!  Thanks rcf! :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / December
« Reply #2347 on: December 08, 2011, 18:02 »
This really has nothing to do with the peregrines at the McKenzie building but I thought it was interesting to see. It shows the inside of the McKenzie building where a music video was shot by local act Misty Street and was shared recently on YouTube.  :)

http://youtu.be/mDFK5dtxt-4

Offline Jan

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / November
« Reply #2346 on: November 26, 2011, 13:21 »
LOL .... Great work, RCF!!!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2345 on: November 23, 2011, 21:26 »
...Maybe we could get EyeSpy to rig up a vacancy/no vacancy illuminated sign for that wall next year ... one we can remotely activate ...
LOL! That would be hilarious! Good one TPC! ;)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2344 on: November 22, 2011, 06:57 »
Perhaps we should have put a little Smiley Face on the side of the nest box   ??? ???

You can delete this if you want Tracy. I was just playing with the picture.   ;D

Nope, it works and it is on-topic :)
At the time of installation, I think some of the suggestions were "Dan's Nestbox" and "Not for Rent" came up so your smiley has good company  ;

Maybe we could get EyeSpy to rig up a vacancy/no vacancy illuminated sign for that wall next year ... one we can remotely activate ...

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2343 on: November 21, 2011, 22:53 »
Must comment on the smiley face, loved it.  :) :) :)

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2342 on: November 21, 2011, 22:39 »
Love it! Wonder if Hurricane and Brooklyn would approve? Or would they even notice? (Are peregrines colour-blind?)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2341 on: November 21, 2011, 22:05 »
LOL, rcf! I love the look of the new Brandon box! ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #2340 on: November 21, 2011, 18:09 »
Perhaps we should have put a little Smiley Face on the side of the nest box   ??? ???
You can delete this if you want Tracy. I was just playing with the picture.   ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #2339 on: November 20, 2011, 17:17 »

So far there hasn't been any significant accumulation of snow on the nest box and we have had the snow fall.  I'm am sure there will be more before winter is over.

LOL! Not much accumulation of snow there, yet. I really thought you might have had a lot more snow than that by now, rcf, especially after Friday's snowfall. Did you get the same as in Winnipeg? It was very slippery and traffic was very slow here in Winnipeg. BOT, looking forward to seeing a nice snowy photo one of these fine days, for TPC's collection. :)

No, there hasn't been much accumulation of snow here at all, which I said in my last post.  ;)   I have no clue if Brandon has the same or more or less snow as Winnipeg, I really could not tell you.  ???

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2338 on: November 20, 2011, 13:41 »

Hey RCF - if there is snow on the box, do you think you could get a photo or two for me?  I have started collecting photos of nestboxes with snow on/in them, they look so quiet and lonely waiting for the peregrines to return.

So far there hasn't been any significant accumulation of snow on the nest box and we have had the snow fall.  I'm am sure there will be more before winter is over.

LOL! Not much accumulation of snow there, yet. I really thought you might have had a lot more snow than that by now, rcf, especially after Friday's snowfall. Did you get the same as in Winnipeg? It was very slippery and traffic was very slow here in Winnipeg. BOT, looking forward to seeing a nice snowy photo one of these fine days, for TPC's collection. :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #2337 on: November 20, 2011, 10:23 »
Hey RCF - if there is snow on the box, do you think you could get a photo or two for me?  I have started collecting photos of nestboxes with snow on/in them, they look so quiet and lonely waiting for the peregrines to return. 

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #2336 on: November 05, 2011, 17:14 »
Such a fine nestbox!