Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2011 / ? & Radisson  (Read 39340 times)

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
Re: U of Alberta - 2011 / ? & Radisson
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02 »
Not to worry Kinderchick............I couldn't figure out what it was either.  Thanks for asking as now we both know!!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 21:15 »
Kinderchick I think she was trying to make a heart. ♥ But on the side <3. Mine is not as nice as hers.

Ah.......... thanks for enlightening me, Doreen. :-* I guess the lightbulb in my brain had not switched on yet. ::)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 20:55 »
... and checking out the new digs!!! <3 the falcons  ;D

Oh, oh, sure hope this doesn't mean trouble. :o Do you mean there are 3 falcons, Becky? :-\

Kinderchick I think she was trying to make a heart. ♥ But on the side <3. Mine is not as nice as hers.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 20:42 »
Yes, I would like to rent you Dennis. How much???? ;D

I guess coffee and a dozen donuts would not be enough??????? ;D

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 19:16 »
Hey Bev
I had good LUCK in Wpg for doing ID...do you want to rent me  ??? ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 19:05 »
I did not understand what you meant either Becky. Glad someone is thinking of using it. I wonder if one of them is one that was chased out of clinical area on Saturday???.
Maybe O/Y

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 19:03 »
april12 2011.

Peter and I went down with the two pups last nihgt .

there was no one at Weber. While we were there , 9, yes 9 ravens were up on the roof. I believe they were eating last years leftovers but they moved on before we left( an indication , no falcons yet)

Clinical

Swung over to clinical and when we got there the  male was on Maz building across from Box. did not see female but shortly after we saw a falocn fly from the east and go out of sight. We followed it and it was on the roof on south west back corner of clinical science.
When Peter downloads our far away pictures, you will see.By size , we believe ti was the female. We did not see the male leave so we walked around looking in haunts.

then female flew off and flew over past Windsor apartments. I thought she was turning in on ledge on north east side but she flew around, hte building.

All of a sudden a falcon flew up onto that ledge and then another one came and flew up on northeast corner of the place where they turn in. (It will make sense when you see the picutres) . someone was chupping and it stayed on corner for a bit and then flew up on antennae of Windsor apartments and the other stayed there on the ledge. I believe the female was on the antennae and male was tucked in. Only  because the male has always turned in before the female. But we all know that things can change :egg119:  :egg119:

will post pcitures when Peter gets home

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 15:02 »
... and checking out the new digs!!! <3 the falcons  ;D

Oh, oh, sure hope this doesn't mean trouble. :o Do you mean there are 3 falcons, Becky? :-\

Becky M

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01 »
This morning, I saw a pair of falcons on/beside the Northern nest box mounted below the high level bridge!
So a pair is there for sure, and checking out the new digs!!! <3 the falcons  ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 19:24 »
Hi Becky and Elaine.

I have been on line all day communicating with a few people I know and since ECOS is opting out, we have come up with 2 possible plans. 
MOre later if they pan out, but I am pushing for this cam.

the male did look familiar to Peter and I. Very white chest. But bands will confirm. Female has black bands, it looks like.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 17:03 »
Welcome back, Becky.  Looking forward to joining you and the others at falcon watch 2011!

Becky M

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 17:00 »
Yay for the pictures! That male looks different to me....hmmm....cant wait for the IDs!!!

Boo to the webcam. On my lunch travels, Ive seen some action between Maz and Newton place! Saw someone in the nest box at lunch, but none of my falcon tools were with me, so cannot be specific :)

Heres hoping the cam is up and running soon so we can watch egg laying/incubation :)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 21:04 »
Thanks for the report and the slide show, bev   :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 15:34 »
My report from Saturday april9(finally)

When we got there , female was in box and male across at Maz(health building) . Male then flew across to college plaza(I get this and campus tower mixed up ), right across from us. I f I had scope I would have ID them. We are looking at one now. ( a scope I mean) :egg16: I noticed the male has a white mark on bottom tail feather .I t w s in all pictures.

Female flew off box and around Maz and then back to box. She then started chuppng like crazy(music to my ears) :egg119:  She got farther out on box and then flew off and landed on top aerial on Windsor apartments. (right by male) . Male few off eventually and female assumed the position  :egg9: and Hanky panky. Missed  that  picture as I was so excited. :egg9:  It was very quick and male flew off and went into box(we need the cam) .

Peter and I were looking around and missed male leave box but female flew off aerial quickly and flew northwest and all of sudden male went flying out southwest calling and after another falcon. WE think it might have been a youngster as it appeared to be just    a warning.  

When we left we think it was male in box(by color) and then when we were driving out of campus area I saw a falcon on Ed building. sun was shining on it but t could have been a female. Peter stopped in a no park zone , while I hopped out to look and snap a few pcitures. Peter was ready for a quick get away.  

We were a little rusty and will step up our actions when down at site. always takes a few times to get in Sinc.

We went down yesterday for 2 hours and we saw nothing.
Still no one at Weber

slideshow of the evening  Click to see

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 15:40 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 10:27 »
Thanks for the report Bev!  Looking forward to confirmation that both Radisson and Miss Edmonton are both home safely  :-*