Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2011 / ? & Radisson  (Read 39237 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2011 / ? & Radisson
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 10:20 »
Peter and I were down at the site today for a few hours...

...there were 2 falcons at first. We saw canoodling, flying and a chase. I cannot confirm if they are the same falcons. I would like to think so but without band confirmation. I did try  and get bands with my camera but too far away. We do believe we have the same male as at  the end of the season but I am not sure about the female yet....

...But I will tel you that when I saw falocns and heard the echupping and saw the flying, all was right with the world. :-* :-*

Great to read your report, bev! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 01:41 »
Peter and I were down at the site today for a few hours
I will post picutres tomorrow . I just  downloaded them. I will  write a report tomorrow also.

there were 2 falcons at first. We saw canoodling, flying and a chase. I cannot confirm if they are the same falcons. I would like to think so but without band confirmation. I did try  and get bands with my camera but too far away. We do believe we have the same male as at  the end of the season but I am not sure about the female yet.

I have never seen them canoodle where they did.

Will I get a scope or a granite counter top??? ;D ;D(this is a no brainer) Scope
There was a report that one was back end of March but if so , they eluded Peter and I . Geoff, a friend of mine said his wife saw one on Monday so Peter and went down in evening twice and saw no one.

The weekend always seems to be good. We will try and get band confirmations.

Thanks  Elaine . I have wanted to  contact you and will send you a pm tomorrow. (Lots on my plate)

And the cams. Well do not believe all you hear from the site. It is called passing the buck. I have spent hours trying to get some sort of action.  So far no one seems to want to take responsibility.
I have quite a few feelers out there also. My fingers , toes and everything I can cross are crossed.

till tomorrow. Church first , though

But I will tel you that when I saw falocns and heard the echupping and saw the flying, all was right with the world. :-* :-*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:45 by bev. »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 22:06 »
She is back.  Spotted her on the aerial on Windsor Place, which is kitty-corner to the Clinical Sciences Building.  I think it is Radisson, but cannot confirm...
That's great news, Elaine! :D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 17:17 »
Thank you so much Elaine!  Hoping it's our Radisson too!!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 15:49 »
Hey, Elaine, that is good news!
Nice to hear the returned bird, hopefully Radisson, is looking in wonderful shape.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 15:16 »
She is back.  Spotted her on the aerial on Windsor Place, which is kitty-corner to the Clinical Sciences Building.  I think it is Radisson, but cannot confirm.  She looked very calm and in wonderful shape.  I don't have a good camera for taking photos of peregrines from a distance, so someone with a better camera than mine will have to judge whether it is indeed her, or not.  I stayed around for half an hour, but saw no sign of the male.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 13:11 »
... darn all those other responsibilities in life!
I hear you, Elaine! ;) LOL!

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 13:06 »
I haven't heard anything from Bev, so if I don't hear from her during the weekend, I will go down  on Sunday, unless I can get there before then, as I am anxious to know what is happening; darn all those other responsibilities in life!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:58 »
...I will go down to the U of A this weekend to see if the falcons are around, and I will report back...
Great! :) Waiting to hear! Will you go with Bev, Elaine? :-\

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41 »
Oh, yes, the falcons should be there.  For some reason or another, the biologist has not got the camera working yet, so we cannot see if they have showed up here at this site.  I will go down to the U of A this weekend to see if the falcons are around, and I will report back.  Otherwise, we are all waiting on the camera on the nestbox.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13 »
What is the date that the Edmonton birds usually come home?  Should they be here by now?

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 16:20 »
I sent an e-mail to the website contacts yesterday, and today I received an e-mail saying that they contacted the biologist who gets things running last week, so they hope it will be up and running right away. 

Thanks Elaine,  I keep checking everyday hoping it's up and we can see if Radisson made it safely home  :-*

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 15:27 »
I sent an e-mail to the website contacts yesterday, and today I received an e-mail saying that they contacted the biologist who gets things running last week, so they hope it will be up and running right away. 

I guess all we can do is wait.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:40 »
Yes, nice to hear from you, bev. Looking forward to your webcam going up and to hearing your PF reports! :)

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 20:15 »
Great to hear from you bev. Hope to see your cam up soon.