Author Topic: Tutorial 2 - Flickr  (Read 8143 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Tutorial 2 - Flickr
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2011, 21:40 »
Really? How on earth can I do that, TPC?

One the right side of your photo, a bit further down the page, there is a copyright line ... in your profile area (I believe) you can decide on what level of copyright you want to apply to your photo or photos.  

Give me a sec and I'll find the FAQ on Getty Images ...

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 21:39 »
Cool  well thank-you for all your help.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2011, 21:39 »
Kinderchick try clicking on the photo I posted and see what happens.
WOW! I clicked on your photo, eagle and it took me right to your photo gallery so I could see other photos that you have taken! :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 21:38 »
Great idea, TPC! :) Question then, does an individual who is viewing someone else's photo gallery need to register in that person's photo gallery to leave a comment about their photos?

One of the settings folks can set in their profile is who can post comments - For Flicker I believe there are three levels - anybody, folks who have a Yahoo or Facebook account or no one at all.  If you don't have an account and don't want to get one, try leaving a comment, if you can't, no harm done.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 21:35 »
Really? How on earth can I do that, TPC?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011, 21:34 »
I agree with you about people wanting to share their photos. I have been looking for a place that is free cause I can't afford to pay for a site.  I always sign my photos makes a bit of a deterient for people want to claim and theirs.

Flickr also has a licencing levels which makes it illegal for folks to use your photos anywhere.  They have partnered with Getty Images who are pitbulls when there are copyright violations.  You can even set it up to make money if you want.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 21:33 »
Great idea, TPC! :) Question then, does an individual who is viewing someone else's photo gallery need to register in that person's photo gallery to leave a comment about their photos?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 21:33 »
Anyone have other questions ?  About photosharing services like Flickr or Photobucket or PBase?  

Or something else?

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 21:33 »
I agree with you about people wanting to share their photos. I have been looking for a place that is free cause I can't afford to pay for a site.  I always sign my photos makes a bit of a deterient for people want to claim and theirs.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 21:32 »
Yeah I have noticed that in Dennis' photogallery. Cooolll.  Well I 've learned something new I can head to bed lol Actually TPC if you want to delete the photo put in in the spring notice of birds far and wide

Hey, you know how to do it now and you should post it here  ;) :-*  Its a good shot!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 21:30 »
We'll do the same kind of thing with Photobucket (and any others) on Thursday evening.

And I'm going to use Dennis' gallery as an excellent example of what can be done with really very little extra effort.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 21:29 »
And why shouldn't folks showcase photos they have taken - someone has taken the time to take the photo and would like to share it, so why not do it up right.  Since folks have to have a gallery of their own to post photos here, why not take full advantage of the services they are providing you!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 21:28 »
Yeah I have noticed that in Dennis' photogallery. Cooolll.  Well I 've learned something new I can head to bed lol Actually TPC if you want to delete the photo put in in the spring notice of birds far and wide

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 21:27 »
The advantage is that folks can showcase lots more photos on their galleries than I can support here and folks who want to say "thank you" or ask questions more questions (or kudos) about the photos can do it on the photographer's gallery instead of a couple here where no one will see them.

If you want to know what I mean, visit Dennis' galleries (www.pbase.com/photosbydennis) and you will see that folks posts comments all the time!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 21:27 »
ty Kinderchick