Author Topic: 2011 - Kinderchicklets / Here we are!!! What colour are Princess's eggs?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Here we are!!! What colour are Princess's eggs?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 16:26 »
Thank you for posting this photo of Princess and her eggs last week, Tracy. The Kinderchicklets were thrilled to see that Princess has some eggs and that she is now incubating 4 eggs! :D Since shortly before the Easter long weekend, we have been learning all about eggs at school so I brought some chicken eggs from home, to show the 'chicklets the size of Princess' and Ivy's eggs.

The Kinderchicklets have also been looking at photos of Princess & Ivy in photographer Dennis's photo gallery and even saw a photo of you! I posted a comment from the 'chicklets in Dennis's photo gallery and he answered them back. :) So now I will need to show them a photo of Dennis. After that, I will need to show them a photo of Larry, the camera man. ;) They really like to see what the people who watch over Princess & Ivy look like.:D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Here we are!!! What colour are Princess's eggs?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 20:20 »
Welcome to the Forum Kinderchicklets and great question!
Princess' and Ivy's eggs are a dark rust-coloured red and about the size of a chicken's egg.

In this photo, Princess is standing over her eggs protecting them.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Well, hello there Tracy! The 2011 Kinderchicklets are patiently watching and waiting for the CBC/Shaw Falcon Cam to be switched on for this season. Throughout the winter months, they watched little Solo in Australia grow from a chick until she was able to fly away from her nestbox. And they felt sad when she injured her leg but happy again when her leg seemed to get better. :)

As well, one of the great things about watching peregrine falcons in Australia, was that the Kinderchicklets learned that while it was Spring & Summer over there, way across the ocean, it was Fall & Winter here and there weren't any peregrine falcons here in Winnipeg in the winter, since it was so cold! :P

A few weeks ago, I began to talk to this year's class of Kinderchicklets about the fact that we now have peregrine falcons right here in Winnipeg. They were so egg-cited to hear that! I have been telling them all about you & Larry & Dennis & Dr. Bob and especially about Princess & Ivy, who live in a nestbox on top of a VERY tall building downtown. :o

Needless to say, they were full of questions, the very first one being... "When will Princess lay her eggs?" But that question from the 'chicklets was last Friday morning and of course, we all know that since then, she has laid 2 eggs. When I told the 'chicklets about her 2 eggs this morning, they were very, very excited! So now they have another  question for you, since I told them that you & Larry have a special little spy camera and you can actually see the eggs... "What colour are Princess's eggs?" :-\