Author Topic: Logan - 2011 / Cowboy & Kate  (Read 38107 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Logan - 2011 / Cowboy & Kate
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 17:10 »
With this variety of sightings, is it likely that they are hanging around but not nesting, or does anyone have suspicions of egg laying having happened?

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44 »
Kate was sitting on the Fed Lab building just before 9:00 this morning, looking like she was not bothered by all the noise down below - the street cleaners were making a lot of noise and blowing up a lot of dust.

No sight of Cowboy there or at HSC this morning.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18 »
11: 00 ish
Looks like Kate sitting on the Fed Lab building, watching the pigeons go by.

Cowboy was on the J on the Buhler building. but he didn't stay long.  took off to the north.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43 »
Maybe we could tell the po-leece that we need the heli-cop-ter for an hour or so.  Maybe trade them some donuts........

Or CJOB traffic helicopter..I see her flying overhead daily.

Somebirdie sitting on the Fed Lab building, same spot as last two days, this morning 9:00 a.m.

Took pictures but they turned out very grainy...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 16:21 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 20:44 »
I've been at HSC all week and have not seen them. I spent a long time in the Tecumseh parkade looking because from the roof you can see the virology lab, Buhler building and the rooftops. No luck!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 10:04 »
No spotting of the birds during the day yesterday at all at HSC.  But at 8:45 p.m.last night, just as it was getting dark, one of the birds was sitting on the Federal Lab building overlooking Arlington Street.   He/she looked very much like he/she was on guard.   I took a picture with my cell phone, but its very grainly and not very good.  He/she was sitting on the same spot at 9:00 this morning.

One of my co-workers (she said to call her Red Bird) saw just one of the birds this morning before 8:00 up on the letter J at HSC. 

Only seeing one bird at a time since Monday - is Kate sitting on eggs somewhere?  On the Fed Lab building?

Not sure they have been together long enough to have eggs yet, but we are working to find out. And your (your's and Red Bird's) observations are helping!

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41 »
No spotting of the birds during the day yesterday at all at HSC.  But at 8:45 p.m.last night, just as it was getting dark, one of the birds was sitting on the Federal Lab building overlooking Arlington Street.   He/she looked very much like he/she was on guard.   I took a picture with my cell phone, but its very grainly and not very good.  He/she was sitting on the same spot at 9:00 this morning.

One of my co-workers (she said to call her Red Bird) saw just one of the birds this morning before 8:00 up on the letter J at HSC. 

Only seeing one bird at a time since Monday - is Kate sitting on eggs somewhere?  On the Fed Lab building?

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 19:18 »
I would have been able to see Princess or Ivy if they'd been on the edge of their nest.  And actually the peregrines' spot by the smokestack is certainly blocked from the Radisson nestbox.
Yikes, 'tho!

Good observation Des... ;)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 19:09 »
At 5:10ish, one bird (Cowboy by size) was sitting on the smoke stack.  Kate was sitting on the J on JBRC building.
I went and did a errand and came back to check on them at 5:30.  Kate was still on the same spot - Cowboy had moved over to the rooftop of the Buhler building just over her head.  Cowboy then took off to the north and disappeared over the main hospital building, Kate followed a minute later.  I go home north over the Arlington street bridge, pass the Federal Lab building.  One of the birds was sitting on the Lab building, took off across Arlington and disappeared further north.  I got stopped by a red light on the south side of the bridge.  As I was sitting there, all of sudden the pigeons on the railway cars all took off at once.  I didn't see the falcons again, but I am guessing, some birdie was looking for supper.

My daughter and I have spotted what looked to be a falcon on the Federal Lab building in the last 2 weeks on 3 other occasions, just didn't think that it could be our peregrine.   

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 17:13 »
Spotted one on the red letter just before 2:00.  He/she flew toward the smoke stacks.  I parked, then sure enough, one was on the horizontal bars between the stacks and the antenna.  Bird seemed very large, but hey, it's been a long winter with lots of sparrows.  Bird took off toward the Buhler Centre - couldn't see, but heard some squawking then nothing audio or visual. 
At one point I was at the corner of Notre Dame and Emily, and it was amazing to see The Radisson nest apparently so close - well peregrine-close. I would have been able to see Princess or Ivy if they'd been on the edge of their nest.  And actually the peregrines' spot by the smokestack is certainly blocked from the Radisson nestbox.
Yikes, 'tho!

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25 »
some birdie - Cowboy??? sitting on the HSC smoke stack

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 09:34 »
Not sure if Birdnut has Easter Monday off, but I hope she doesn't, would love to know what our newest pair are up to this fine morning.

Yep, I had Easter Monday off...

working late this week .. no birdies around at 9:05.

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 22:13 »
Thanks Dennis, great photos and amazing to see another falcon pair in the city.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 18:19 »
Gallery for the HSC Birds has been started, this could be an exciting year  :)
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/hsc

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 11:42 »
And before anyone asks, I'm doubting it, the magic shelf is almost empty.