Author Topic: Logan - 2011 / Cowboy & Kate  (Read 38103 times)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Logan - 2011 / Cowboy & Kate
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2011, 09:26 »
Both birdies are here at HSC at 9 this morning - one on the roof - one on the J

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2011, 22:01 »
Isn't it just wonderful!   :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2011, 13:51 »
Sunday - My mom is the one who got me into bird watching so I thought I would give her a mother's day treat...
We came by the Buhler building about 1:00 just to see if either bird was about...sure enough some birdie was sitting on the J.  She/he took off just as we were watching and flew by in front of the car so my mom could get a good look at her/him.  It was the first close up sighting for my mom.
That's wonderful, birdnut! :D

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2011, 11:07 »
Some birdie is on the HSC smokestack again this morning.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14 »
We still only have one egg at CSC as of this morning's check and it doesn't look like Cowboy or Kate are ready to start incubating yet.  So, we will just have to keep an eye on them and see what they decide to do.  They have been back to the nestsite so we know that (so far) they haven't abandonned the site.  Maybe this wet weather will help them along, fortunately, its not cold and wet rather warm and wet so no harm should come to the egg over the next little bit.

More news as we have it ...

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2011, 08:32 »
Sunday - My mom is the one who got me into bird watching so I thought I would give her a mother's day treat...

We came by the Buhler building about 1:00 just to see if either bird was about...sure enough some birdie was sitting on the J.  She/he took off just as we were watching and flew by in front of the car so my mom could get a good look at her/him.  It was the first close up sighting for my mom.

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2011, 22:21 »
Seriously tho'
I did get to see both falcons at the Buhler Centre around 11:00.  First one was perched on the J on the east side overlooking the little parking lot.  After watching for a while, then walking to other possible vantage points within a block or so, I returned to find the other falcon on the south east corner of the building just above J.  This was quite a treat to see the 2 of them so close to each other.  After maybe 5 minutes, the one on sentry took off flyng to (as I recall) up and maybe SSSE, but certainly up, up, and away.  Waited about 5 minutes before leaving.  Other one still on the J.

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2011, 22:11 »
Drove by the CSC lab this morning - what a clean, white, sterile-looking place - no doubt the look they were planning for, with good reason.

I look forward to  phanatics sitting around the perimeter on comfy lawn chairs with our Tim Hortons breakfasts -binoculars, spotting scopes, and camera(s) bigger than a small child - perhaps they'll invite us all in - or perhaps we'll get to see people in uniforms  and ...

Wait a minute ...I didn't mean fanatics!  Will someone please explain to these nice officers?

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2011, 08:01 »
A few photos have been added to the HSC / CSC gallery.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/hsc

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2011, 19:51 »
... peregrines have been nesting successfully in Manitoba since 1989 and mostly we didn't have "eyes" on them so its not like they can't raise a family without us peering at them electronically all the time.  But it sure is helpful from our perspective!
I hear ya, TPC. LOL! ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2011, 15:36 »
Dennis and I are thinking of referring to Cowboy and Kate as the CSC birds just cuz its easier to pronounce than CSCHAH ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 15:29 »
Are there plans for a spy camera for this pair, TPC & E-S? :-\

Not sure what we are going to be able to do for this pair yet, not all buildings (believe it or not) have the infrastructure we need where we need it.  We are tossing around a couple of ideas but we will just have to see.  Having said that, the peregrines have been nesting successfully in Manitoba since 1989 and mostly we didn't have "eyes" on them so its not like they can't raise a family without us peering at them electronically all the time.  But it sure is helpful from our perspective!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 08:34 »
Are there plans for a spy camera for this pair, TPC & E-S? :-\

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 23:23 »
Good work, TPC.
I'm very happy to think of another Tuppernest in use. 
It was great fun watching the "Great Escape" on the ledge of '09.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 21:32 »
Thank goodness the tuppernest has been tried before. Great idea to place one here. TPC, you are just too smart!!