Author Topic: Post Counts  (Read 2710 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Post Counts
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 22:43 »
I believe TPC said the posts in Chatters don't add to the count.  

They don't.  They used to but Chatters gets cleaned out at least once a year and it was somewhat painful for members to watch their post counts go down when it did.  So, posts in Chatters do not count toward your total.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 21:34 »
I'm traditionally a low count person, I hope to break 800 this year and I'm a first week forum member! (I'm moving toward being an old bird fast enough on my own thank you very much!)
LOL!  ;D 8)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 21:31 »
I believe TPC said the posts in Chatters don't add to the count.  

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 20:33 »
I'm traditionally a low count person, I hope to break 800 this year and I'm a first week forum member! (I'm moving toward being an old bird fast enough on my own thank you very much!)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 18:37 »
What is the importance of post counts? I post on info I have on a site or a sincere response to another post other than just a smiley or whatever.
I know that when I first started visiting forums and didn't know what I was doing, I would ask folks who had posted alot figuring they would know what was going on :)
Thanks, TPC.  That does help us when we're newbies.
LinderLou, I get what you're saying -- it's not about increasing your number of posts.   :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 02:49 »
What is the importance of post counts? I post on info I have on a site or a sincere response to another post other than just a smiley or whatever.

The post counts move folks from egg to chick to fledgling etc.  Its very common on Forums to track posts, lots of folks (particularly ones that are around for a long time) like to know how many times they have posted.  I know that when I first started visiting forums and didn't know what I was doing, I would ask folks who had posted alot figuring they would know what was going on :)

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 22:58 »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 23:19 by LinderLou »

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 18:58 »
I appreciate it, although, heaven knows you have your hands full at this time. This isn't a rush. thanks

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 18:10 »
The only posts that don't count toward a person's total post count are those in Daily Chatter and you aren't a member there so unless the post was removed, all posts should count.  When I get a chance I'll check to make sure our post count settings haven't been changed by recent updates - don't think so but I'll check.  If it has, I'll update the settings and get the system to "recount" everyone's posts.

Thanks for asking about this Moka ...

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Post Counts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 17:13 »
Tracy, my number of posts always reads 239, is this normal? I just checked and had two posts that read 240 in early May.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 17:16 by moka »