Author Topic: Kinderchicklet Campaign - 2011  (Read 6940 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Kinderchicklet Campaign - 2011
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 20:34 »
TPC, I know this isn't the right thread for this, but I'm not sure where it should go . . . so feel free to move it!

CONGRATULATONS . .

to Kinderchick and the Kinderchicklets for another fantastic year of fundraising -- $130 is a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, loonies and toonies. Best of all, yet another class of kids who are on their way to joining us someday as phanatics!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 22:04 »
Current total in the Kinderchicklet's Peregrine Collection Box is $69.00 !

Well done Kinderchicklets!  :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 13:13 »
The 2011 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign got off to a good start at school yesterday, the first day of our campaign! The 'chicklets managed to bring in $11.00 from their piggy banks yesterday. Today, they brought in a few more loonies & toonies, so we are now up to $20.00. :D They are really hoping that their donations may be able to help build a new nestbox for the Brandon peregrine falcons next year, Tracy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 13:16 by Kinderchick »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00 »
Couple of notes that I really should have made earlier on this thread.

First - the original Kinderchicklet donation became a spontaneous matching campaign when we were needed additional funds to rent lift-stages twice in one year (2009).

Second - if someone decides to donate to the Project, however or for whatever reason they decide to donate to the Project, it is a private choice, there is no requirement that folks do so (though of course we hope people will)

Third - indicating that you are going to match the Kinderchicklets' donation is your choice, but I am not sure however that it should be a topic of public discussion as I am not entirely comfortable with folks donating out of a sense of duty or peer-pressure.  Neither may be the case here but I do prefer to err on the side of caution when possible.

I invite members to send me a pm with their thoughts on this if they like - I would appreciate other points of view.  All responses will be held in confidence.  In the meantime, I think I am going to lock down this thread but will add updates from Kinderchick when she has them!!

Thanks everyone!

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 22:53 »
Are you able to view in the classroom regularly now ?

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 21:52 »
You can count on me! Thanks to you and your class for taking this on again!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 19:27 »
Photos By Dennis will match...plus  8)

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 17:15 »
I'm in for a match.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 16:23 »
The 2011 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign got off to a good start today at school, the first day of our campaign! The 'chicklets managed to bring in $11.00 from their piggy banks today. :D Thank you to all those who have already posted that you will match what they raise. I, too, will personally match them, as will my Principal, on behalf of our school, once again. 8) Anyone else?

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 21:29 »
Yes, count me in for a matching donation to the Kinderchicklets Campaign 2011. They definitely surprised me last year, but this year I'll be prepared!

And a big fat ditto from moi! ;D

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 14:59 »
Yes, count me in for a matching donation to the Kinderchicklets Campaign 2011. They definitely surprised me last year, but this year I'll be prepared!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 14:47 »
I will set up the donation form in preparation for this year's Kinderchicklet campaign this weekend.  Then when the Kinderchicklets have done their thing, we will post the amount so folks can match or contribute some other amount in support of their efforts.

Thanks for continuing with this Kinderchick - and thank the 'Chicklets!

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 14:40 »
...I will be setting up a nestbox fundraising campaign to first fund the new Brandon box, but also to cover costs on at least one other new box in Winnipeg, perhaps two.  Any remaining funds would go into the general fund to cover other expenses.  Look for the new campaign to be set up by the weekend...
And look for the 2011 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign to also begin next week! :D Last evening, I finished drafting the letter to go home to parents and hope to send it home very soon.

Put me down for a match on the chicklets fund, and a matching donation to the new box fund !  (plus I might toss in a couple cameras to build into the new boxes for optimal views !)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Kinderchicklet Campaign - 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 14:21 »
...I will be setting up a nestbox fundraising campaign to first fund the new Brandon box, but also to cover costs on at least one other new box in Winnipeg, perhaps two.  Any remaining funds would go into the general fund to cover other expenses.  Look for the new campaign to be set up by the weekend...
And look for the 2011 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign to also begin next week! :D Last evening, I finished drafting the letter to go home to parents and hope to send it home very soon.