Author Topic: Capture a screenshot?  (Read 3518 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Capture a screenshot?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54 »
Just reading up on how to post pictures here and came across these great Paint instructions.   ;)  ;)

Glad they help SusanE!

Offline SusanE

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 10:22 »
Just reading up on how to post pictures here and came across these great Paint instructions.   ;)  ;)

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 20:13 »
Weird thing is, after I read this post, I went there and it was okay, but I was not logged in.  As soon as I log in, it gives me that same message...very odd indeed.  :P ???

Try again now Cadria ... you may just have been too fast ...

Got it now!  Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 16:29 »
Weird thing is, after I read this post, I went there and it was okay, but I was not logged in.  As soon as I log in, it gives me that same message...very odd indeed.  :P ???

Try again now Cadria ... you may just have been too fast ...

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 16:23 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 16:19 »

A hosting service is a photo-hosting/sharing service like Flickr, Photobucket or Pbase ... its where you store your photos - you can get more information here: http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/board,239.0.html - including how to upload photos and adding links to your galleries, etc

This link does not work.  It says that it is moved or I don't have access to it.  I use ImageShack for a quick upload to a forum.  The program I use to snap screen shots is MW Snap and it is a free program.  It is user friendly too.

I'll check your permissions Cadria, you should be able to go there ....

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 16:00 »
Link works for me. Hmmm. Maybe you need to PM TPC so that she can give you access to it. :-\

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 15:57 »

A hosting service is a photo-hosting/sharing service like Flickr, Photobucket or Pbase ... its where you store your photos - you can get more information here: http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/board,239.0.html - including how to upload photos and adding links to your galleries, etc

This link does not work.  It says that it is moved or I don't have access to it.  I use ImageShack for a quick upload to a forum.  The program I use to snap screen shots is MW Snap and it is a free program.  It is user friendly too.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 14:58 »
RCF you mention uploading to a image hosting service...........could that also be the Forum.  So many pictures are posted here that I was just wondering.  Is there any place that I can practise before I get brave enough for the  Forum?

You store your photos on your hosting/sharing service and put a photo link on the Forum for folks to look at.

As for a place to test loading your photos here to the Forum, here's the board - Testing Ground

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 14:36 »
RCF you mention uploading to a image hosting service...........could that also be the Forum.  So many pictures are posted here that I was just wondering.  Is there any place that I can practise before I get brave enough for the  Forum?

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 17:39 »
Those were wonderful instructions!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 18:01 by Jo »

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 15:14 »
You are welcome.  ;)

Offline Leana

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 15:06 »
Thank you so much!  I just tried your instructions and they work like a charm.  ;D  Now to see if I can master photo uploading... (which I can't try until I get home).  I can't believe you go through this (tedious) process to upload so many amazing photos!  Your effort is definitely appreciated.  :)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 14:47 »
Paint (already on your PC): Editing Tool

1. While viewing refresh cams or streaming video, press the Print Screen key on the top row of your keyboard. It may be labeled [PrtScn] or [Prnt Scrn]
      2. Open Paint by clicking Start – All Programs – Accessories – Paint
      3. Click the Edit menu and choose Paste (or CTRL+V)
      4. Click the “Select” icon (the rectangle with dotted line border)
      5. Place cursor in top corner of the area to be cropped, then click and drag diagonally to the opposite bottom corner (this will create a dotted lined box around the area you will post as your photo)
      6. Press the ESC key if you need to do #5 over
      7. Click the Edit menu and choose Copy (or CTRL+C)
      8. Click the File menu and choose New (click “no” when asked to save changes)
      9. Click the Edit menu and choose Paste (or CTRL+V)
      10. Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.
      11. Navigate to the folder where you want to save the image.
      12. Type a file name for the image.
      13. Under “Save as type” select “JPEG”
      14. Click the Save button
      15. Upload photo to an image hosting service, such as PhotoBucket

Offline Leana

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
Capture a screenshot?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 13:57 »
I've read up on how to upload photos, but I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to convert what I see on the webcam to a photo that I can upload.  They only way I know is to use the "print screen" key and paste into Paint etc... but that then requires editing and so forth.  Is there an easier way?  I have the cutest screenshot of chick1 using chick2's butt as a pillow...

Can someone help me please?!!!

Thanks.  :)