Author Topic: 2011 - Kinderchicklets / Kinderchicklets in the News  (Read 2539 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Kinderchicklets in the News
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 21:13 »
Way to go Kinderchicklets!!

Soon you will be old enough to help peregrines and piping plovers and polar bears and all sorts of other endangered Manitoba birds and animals and fish and plants and even insects!!  That would be a wonderful thing since we have so many endangered creatures that need our help.

Keep watching Phoebe and her eggs (soon to be chicks).  And remember, the Radisson Peregrines will be back in 120 days as of today (Thursday, December 1st).

Talk to you later Chicklets,
Tracy
The Peregrine Chick (TPC)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Kinderchicklets in the News
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 18:58 »
The Kinderchicklets were featured on the front page of The Lance today, another local community newspaper. Here is the link to the story...

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/our-communities/lance/Kinderchicklets-are-fledgling-environmentalists--134699888.html

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2011 - Kinderchicklets / Kinderchicklets in the News
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 18:34 »
The 2011-12 Kinderchicklets were featured in a news article in a local community newspaper, The Herald, this past week. :D The article spoke about their interest and involvement with the recently fledged peregrine falcons at Charles Sturt University in Orange, NSW, Australia as well as their upcoming interest in our Winnipeg peregrine falcons at the Radisson Hotel.

Apparently, the Superintendent of our school division had posted a story about the Kinderchicklets in his news bulletin on the divisional website in late October and a reporter contacted him to inquire about interviewing myself and my 'chicklets. The same article may appear next week in another local community newspaper, The Lance, for anyone who is interested.

The article was well written, in my opinion and did well to promote Peregrine Falcon Recovery Projects here in Manitoba and abroad. :)