Author Topic: Black Storks - Estonia / Looduskalender  (Read 2206 times)

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: Black Storks - Estonia / Looduskalender (2011)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33 »
Ha ha, yes, I first thought 3, but  after they uncurled themselves, I noticed that there are actually 4!  I have been watching stork nests for a few years now and came across the Black Storks.  I never realized they existed either until I found the cam. :)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:53 »
This is a wonderful cam thanks cadria for posting.
I've never seen black storks. The 4 chicks sure look cute.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:39 by Doreen »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 22:01 »
This is a wonderful webcam  to watch, cadria. :D Thanks for posting the link. It looks to me like there may be 4 storklets in the nest. At first glance, they look frozen, but they do move around a bit if you watch long enough. 8) And I have never seen black storks before. Didn't know they even existed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 22:03 by Kinderchick »

Offline cadria

• Past Member
  • Chick
Black Storks - Estonia / Looduskalender
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 21:56 »
Here is another cool cam that I have watched for a couple of years.  I started out watching Bald Eagles and then found Storks...Storks are so cool to watch and the Black Stork is so unique! :)

You need to have Silverlight installed (free from Microsoft) and when you see the player appear on the page, click on play.  It will take a few minutes, but it will load.

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/9963

OR

Open up Windows Media Player > File > Open URL >type in or paste in the following mms://tv.eenet.ee/kurg

It looks like there are 3 storklets in the nest, but they are all snuggled together, so there is a chance I am missing one..who knows? ;)

This is in Estonia and is 8 hours ahead of us in the CST zone.  Right now it is almost 10:00 p.m., but they are just getting active, as it is 6:00 a.m. the next day.

Any questions, please ask.