Author Topic: Injured Unbanded Neepawa Peregrine  (Read 2226 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Injured Unbanded Neepawa Peregrine
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 14:06 »
No, its looking good for her Rose - sorry I made it sound sad.  She really is doing very well and who knows, you and RCF could see her on her southwards migration this fall!

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Injured Unbanded Neepawa Peregrine
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 14:03 »
Not sure where to post this question, so I chose here. I went to the Wildlife Haven Facebook site and saw that they have an adult falcon from the Neepawa area in care. Do these wild falcons get banded if they are picked up after an injury? Also when they are healed are they released back in the area where they were found?
Very interesting Linderlou, It's amazing what you can find on facebook. Did it say if the falcon was banded and how it was injured? :)

No the bird isn't banded Rose - after hatch year female, very beautiful.  She has some sort of soft-tissue injury that doesn't prevent her from flying short distances but is taking a while to heal.  Wildlife Haven is optimistic she'll go back out west, but no timeline yet.
Thanks, very sad for the young lady hope she does well. :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Injured Unbanded Neepawa Peregrine
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 13:57 »
Not sure where to post this question, so I chose here. I went to the Wildlife Haven Facebook site and saw that they have an adult falcon from the Neepawa area in care. Do these wild falcons get banded if they are picked up after an injury? Also when they are healed are they released back in the area where they were found?
Very interesting Linderlou, It's amazing what you can find on facebook. Did it say if the falcon was banded and how it was injured? :)

No the bird isn't banded Rose - after hatch year female, very beautiful.  She has some sort of soft-tissue injury that doesn't prevent her from flying short distances but is taking a while to heal.  Wildlife Haven is optimistic she'll go back out west, but no timeline yet.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 13:45 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28 »

The answer is yes and yes if possible.  I know the tentative hope is to return the Neepawa adult back to the area, but the bird is still recovering so there isn't a date yet.

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 11:22 »