Author Topic: Logan - 2012 / Cowboy & Jolicoeur  (Read 32663 times)

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Logan - 2012 / Cowboy & Jolicoeur
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2012, 21:38 »
Really? What time? I looked at about 0600 when I came to work and didn't see anyone anywhere today or on Monday.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17 »
The fire wasn't big - just one lab got a little damage.
but it brought out lots of cute firemen   :)

Some birdie is sitting up on the HSC smokestack antenna this morning.  By size, I am guessing Joli.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2012, 22:35 »
There was a fire on the 6th floor of the Buhler building yesterday at 5:00 ish...
:o Hope everyone, including our PF's are okay.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15 »
There was a fire on the 6th floor of the Buhler building yesterday at 5:00 ish. 
I think it was Cowboy sitting on the east facing letters, sceaming for somebody to turn off the annoying alarm. 
It was a very white breasted, smaller bird.  Also Cowboy was the one that was so noisy last year.

Offline Jan

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2012, 15:00 »
Yesterday I saw (what I think was) a PF flying high over Evergreen Place.  Watched him/her fly north & went down in the vicinity of HSC.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2012, 19:25 »
0600 this morning two were sitting on the broken j and the e facing east on the Buhler building. One quite dark and one with a whiter breast.

Huh, interesting ... two birds ... hmmmm

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2012, 19:21 »
0600 this morning two were sitting on the broken j and the e facing east on the Buhler building. One quite dark and one with a whiter breast.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2012, 10:37 »
A PF is sitting on the antenne of the HSC smoke stack this morning - 10:30 a.m.

Why did I take my binoculars home?

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06 »
I have not seen any PF around HSC since the end of May,  but this week the evidence of visitors has shown up....on three different days, wing parts blowin' in the wind.
When I left work at 6:15 last night, I spotted one on the east facing letters of the Buhler building.  This was a smaller bird, so it might have been Cowboy, not Joli.  But I think this bird was much darker than he is. 

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2012, 19:40 »
Just left HSC and there is a PF sitting on the broken J of the John Buhler building (faces east). I waited a long time to see if s(he) would fly off to the "secret place" but no such luck and I wanted to get home after a long day at work.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2012, 15:29 »
We believe so and they have recently become secretive so we are now hunting to see if they are actually nesting ... that's all the news we have so far ... we are keeping our fingers crossed though!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2012, 14:23 »
Are there any recent sitings of Cowboy and Joli? Last post was May 19th. Maybe successful pairing in 2013 for this pair.  ???

We aren't sure.  They are being very elusive right now - sometimes we can catch sight of one or the other, almost never both at the same time right now.  We have continued with rooftop checks in the area and being elusive might mean they are going to try nesting so we will have to go back and check all the possibles (and if necessary some of the nearly impossibles).  Jules and Beau get a little hard to find when they start nesting in the evil location, so we are hoping that Cowboy and Joli are the same.

Are they still around??

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 08:53 »
Are there any recent sitings of Cowboy and Joli? Last post was May 19th. Maybe successful pairing in 2013 for this pair.  ???

We aren't sure.  They are being very elusive right now - sometimes we can catch sight of one or the other, almost never both at the same time right now.  We have continued with rooftop checks in the area and being elusive might mean they are going to try nesting so we will have to go back and check all the possibles (and if necessary some of the nearly impossibles).  Jules and Beau get a little hard to find when they start nesting in the evil location, so we are hoping that Cowboy and Joli are the same.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2012, 15:45 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2012, 15:17 »
Dennis took a major detour when he was doing some errands to day and he did a long sweep through the HSC/CSC territory looking for either/both of the birds.  They haven't been settling which might be because Joli is only 2 years old and not ready to breed yet or they just haven't settled yet.  And no, they haven't settled yet.  Dennis spotted both Cowboy and Joli sitting together hanging out, so they may have laid an egg, but I would have expected to see them covering (not incubating) it given the amount of rain and much cooler temperatures, but then again, she's young still and may not know better.  And no, we don't know where they are nesting - where Dennis found them is just one of the places they hang out sometimes.

We've been keeping track of their time here and we do make periodic visits to the rooftops they like to visit, but no joy yet.  We will keep doing this through the summer if needs be just in case.  Not too late for them yet, so they still have time and we still have time to find their nest when they do.