Author Topic: Logan - 2012 / Cowboy & Jolicoeur  (Read 32669 times)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Logan - 2012 / Cowboy & Jolicoeur
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2012, 13:54 »
I did not see any birds at HSC yesterday all day, but some birdie looking like Cowboy was up on his favorite letter at 1:00 p.m. today.  Each time I have seen any birdie this week, it has always only been one bird at a time.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2012, 14:18 »
Cowboy was up on the east facing letters last night while I was waiting for my ride to pick me up from work.  He took off to the north and all of a sudden a huge flock of pigeons came flying south.  My ride showed up before he came back, so I don't know if he caught one.

Haven't seen Joli since Tuesday, Sep 25.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2012, 09:23 »
Resting up for the long trip south???

It was raining a bit at HSC when I went home last night at about 4:30.  Joli was sitting on the top row of letters facing the wall. Smart cookie was my thought, "just let the water run down my back."   Cowboy was on the lower letters and a little more protected by the letters.
I was downtown for the early evening and drove by here again at 7:00. Joli was still in the same spot and in the same position.  A good 2 1/2 hour nap!!!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2012, 17:36 »
Still both hanging around at lunch time.

Glad to hear they are still around!  :)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2012, 13:00 »
Still both hanging around at lunch time.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2012, 10:12 »
Both birds still hanging around - they were both on the east facing letters yesterday when I went home and are there again this morning.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 12:11 »
Moved around since 9:00, but both still here at 10:30.
And the pigeons are spooked, I keep on seeing the flock flying pass my 4th floor window.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2012, 11:12 »
Two birds sitting on the east facing side of the Buhler building this morning at 9:00 - the white breasted one up on the letters, the other on the roof top. 

Now that sounds like Cowboy and Joli - she likes the rooftop both for eating and hanging out ... all the others who visit have tended to hang out on the letters exclusively ...

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 09:16 »
Two birds sitting on the east facing side of the Buhler building this morning at 9:00 - the white breasted one up on the letters, the other on the roof top. 

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2012, 00:22 »
The really white breasted bird is sitting on the east facing letters again this morning.

Cowboy, Ivy and Beau have the whitest breasts among the birds around town but they all have salmon/rusty coloured post-breeding season washes so could be either one in the right light.  Ty has a whiter breast than Ivy, less than Beau but I wouldn't expect to find him so far away from his kids yet.  Of the four, he would have the least amount of wash on his breast right now, so technically could be the whitest.

Basically, could have been Cowboy, Ivy or Beau.  Or maybe a non-breeding bird like Smiley from Grand Forks who was there in the spring, Sand from Fargo who usually turns up at this time of the year or even Ms Hanky-Panky (if she's not Sandy) from this spring.  Interesting to speculate on who it might have been ...  :)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2012, 13:37 »
Both birds still around and still together....

Yesterday at 3:30ish, Cowboy was sitting on the east facing "J."  As I came around the corner, he started squawking loudly and Joli came and sat on the same letter with him.
I watched them for awhile, but had to leave before they took off.

I was just out at lunch and they were both sitting on the letters again.

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49 »
The really white breasted bird is sitting on the east facing letters again this morning.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2012, 12:38 »
Sounds like you are keeping it a secret to me... ::) :-X

Dennis' comment made me check my last post ... I should have included that the new nestbox site is not near HSC/CSC.  The idea is to ensure enough room between nestsites that the resident pairs aren't in open competition for sites.  Would prefer not to have to clean blood off nestbox cameras again next year!!

sounds good to me. I am in favor of no blood ;)

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2012, 21:35 »
Great to hear they are still around. thanks for the update!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43 »
Sounds like you are keeping it a secret to me... ::) :-X

Dennis' comment made me check my last post ... I should have included that the new nestbox site is not near HSC/CSC.  The idea is to ensure enough room between nestsites that the resident pairs aren't in open competition for sites.  Would prefer not to have to clean blood off nestbox cameras again next year!!