Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / Zeus & Hurricane  (Read 67130 times)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / September
« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2009, 19:23 »
It's been hit and miss for me Rose!  Glad you saw them RCMF!

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2009, 18:12 »
Lucky you rcmbf and birdlover! I've been down in that vicinity several times since Sept 1st and haven't seen any of the family :'(

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2009, 18:05 »
After work today I saw a falcon perched on the ledge at the bottom of the clock tower and I thought I saw one on the MTS tower, so I decided to go to the parkade.  It was Hurricane perched on the Mckenzie Building and I looked for one on the MTS tower, but didn't or couldn't see it.  Just before I left, something caught my eye.  It was Zeus, perched on the slanted roof of the hack box just below Hurricane and he was looking up at her.  :-*  I thought isn't that cute.  :)  It was so nice to see them both still here.  ;D   

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #800 on: September 20, 2009, 16:23 »
Yes, Kinderchick and I saw it again the next day!!  I just get a big silly grin on my face when I see any of them.   ;D
I hear ya, BirdLover! Same thing happens to most of us, I think, especially as the sightings get few and far between! ;)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #799 on: September 19, 2009, 16:55 »
Yes, Kinderchick and I saw it again the next day!!  I just get a big silly grin on my face when I see any of them.   ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #798 on: September 19, 2009, 12:16 »
Another happy day for me today!  Was downtown to catch the bus and looked up at the MTS tower only to spy an adult preening.  Am sure it's an adult as I got right under it and there was no brown on it that I could see.   ;D
Hooray for BirdLover! Another sighting of one of our Brandon Peregrines! ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2009, 15:09 »
Another happy day for me today!  Was downtown to catch the bus and looked up at the MTS tower only to spy an adult preening.  Am sure it's an adult as I got right under it and there was no brown on it that I could see.   ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #796 on: September 14, 2009, 16:00 »
Whoo Hoo!  Guess what made my day today!!! ;D  Yup, I saw one of our family on the north side of the clock tower.  Sitting in the shade on a hot and dusty day!  And me with no binos! >:(

I would have done the happy dance, but I was loaded down with groceries.    ;D ;D ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #795 on: September 13, 2009, 09:32 »
YAY!  Thanks for stopping by there C!  I am so glad you got to see one of them.  It has been sooooo long since I saw or heard one.

But, I did see a merlin last night.  Almost as good.  But, not quite the same.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2009, 21:32 »
WOO HOO!!!  :) I saw one of our falcons tonight.  I was visiting Rose and I just had to drive by the McKenzie building before going home and I saw one perched on top of the MTS tower.  I think it was Zeus, I had a look with binos from the parkade. So I guess the pigeons can't breath any sighs of relief just yet.  ;D ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #793 on: September 11, 2009, 16:56 »
I haven't seen hide nor feather of them either C.  I had serious withdrawals when I stopped seeing them too.

I always look to the sky when I am in the area, but no joy.   :'(

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #792 on: September 11, 2009, 16:36 »
I think our falcons may be gone, because the last time I saw one was September 3rd.  I didn't see any at all this week,  :(   but I will keep looking just in case I am wrong and they are still around.

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #791 on: September 02, 2009, 21:02 »
Nice, thanks RCMF.  I never see anyone anymore. :'(

Of course, I am there when it's the warmest part of the day, so they are probably all in hiding.

I was at my son's today and while I was waiting for him to answer the door, I just stood and listened.  Not one peep of a bird could be heard and he lives in a very treed area.  It was that hot  :o 

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #790 on: September 02, 2009, 19:51 »
This morning just before I turned to go up the 8th street bridge I heard some sqawking, so I looked up and saw one perched on the east light of the clock tower.  I'm not sure but I think it was probably Hurricane because she usually perches there.  After work I saw one fly from the annex building up and around the McKenzie building, so I guess some of them are still here.  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #789 on: September 01, 2009, 22:09 »
Today after work around 3:30, I was going to the bank which is about a block from the McKenzie building.  I saw one of the kids chasing pigeons and making a lot of noise. :)  After I left the bank and was driving down 10th street I saw feathers falling from the sky.  I'm thinking someone caught their supper.  ;D ;D

Yes!!!Great report, Rapidcity! :D