Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / Zeus & Hurricane  (Read 67057 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / August
« Reply #788 on: August 28, 2009, 08:12 »
You've had some great sightings recently, RCMF -- how wonderful! I loved your report of the kid who probably caught his supper while you banked.  ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #787 on: August 27, 2009, 19:26 »
Today after work around 3:30, I was going to the bank which is about a block from the McKenzie building.  I saw one of the kids chasing pigeons and making a lot of noise. :)  After I left the bank and was driving down 10th street I saw feathers falling from the sky.  I'm thinking someone caught their supper.  ;D ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #786 on: August 25, 2009, 17:53 »
At 6:30 this morning I saw three kids. :) One was perched on northwest corner of McK bldg, one on top of clock tower roof and another one perched on MTS tower facing north. I was pretty sure they were the kids because Zeus and Hurricane don't perch in these spots.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #785 on: August 25, 2009, 15:00 »
The Mckenzie building is on my way to work, so I do look every morning to see if any of them are around.  On Friday when it was pouring rain  ::),  I saw one on the northwest roof  (think it was one of the kids) and this morning I saw one perched on the west light on clock tower.  I never see any of them after work.   :( 

If your "after work" is between 4 and 7 pm, not surprising, that is huntin-up-dinner time.  If they are going to hang out near the nestsite (McKenzie Seeds) for the night, they will turn up after about 7pm in my experience.   If its sunny, keep your eyes on the sunny sides ... I remember watching Tupper or Ty at the Radisson moving down a ledge one evening in order to stay in the sun until it was gone.  Little hedonist.  :D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #784 on: August 24, 2009, 21:37 »
Good to hear that all is well and that you had a sighting!!!!! 

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #783 on: August 24, 2009, 18:09 »
Thanks for that RCMF!  I'm happy that my golden girl is doing well.  I think I will have to start carrying my binos again!!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #782 on: August 24, 2009, 18:03 »
Yahoo, any sighting is a great thing. Way to go Rcmf ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #781 on: August 24, 2009, 17:44 »
Hey, was just downtown and one of the family was sitting on the southwest corner of the building.  Not sure who it was as I didn't plan on being there so didn't have my binos.

First time I have seen a peregrine in over a week so was pretty pumped to see it.

;D ;D ;D

I was down there also after work.  I stopped in the parking lot on the west side and I had my binos with me. I believe it was Luck perched up there, because she had brown feathers and was too big to be the other three or the parents.  That would be your golden girl, Birdlover.   ;D ;D   

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #780 on: August 24, 2009, 16:58 »
Hey, was just downtown and one of the family was sitting on the southwest corner of the building.  Not sure who it was as I didn't plan on being there so didn't have my binos.

First time I have seen a peregrine in over a week so was pretty pumped to see it.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #779 on: August 23, 2009, 21:05 »
Thanks for the report, Rapidcity! :D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #778 on: August 18, 2009, 17:28 »
The Mckenzie building is on my way to work, so I do look every morning to see if any of them are around.  On Friday when it was pouring rain  ::),  I saw one on the northwest roof  (think it was one of the kids) and this morning I saw one perched on the west light on clock tower.  I never see any of them after work.   :(

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #777 on: August 16, 2009, 23:01 »
Hang in there, BirdLover! ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #776 on: August 16, 2009, 09:07 »
We find that awe stay there for a few hours sometimes and then they show up. I stink becasue we have a lot of open spaces we get to see them a lot.

Keep checking. I am sure they are there. We like to go in the evening when they are ready to tuck in now.
Happy watching. :)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2009, 08:14 »
Well, you live in a different part of the world then.  When I am looking up, folks are looking at me funny   :P

I do,  however, walk around with a big smile on my face.  It makes people wonder what I have been up to!!   ;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #774 on: August 14, 2009, 23:43 »
Just keep looking over your shoulder, BL. You may not see a bird but it drives everyone else crazy - which is always fun! ;D Right, alli?
No kidding..  When someone looks up, we ALL LOOK UP!   :D