Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / Zeus & Hurricane  (Read 63440 times)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / August
« Reply #773 on: August 14, 2009, 14:29 »
 :( :( :(  No joy again today....

Even did a walkabout.  Only found a couple of bird parts on the ground.  Hard to say how long they have been there because it rained here all night and morning.

Offline debc52

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #772 on: August 13, 2009, 23:41 »
Just keep looking over your shoulder, BL. You may not see a bird but it drives everyone else crazy - which is always fun! ;D Right, alli?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #771 on: August 13, 2009, 22:16 »
We are all there with ya Birdlover....when we get to see any of our birds, we just get all giddy!  Chin up...keep your eyes and ears open as you never know when you just might see them.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #770 on: August 13, 2009, 19:41 »
This morning before work , I saw one chick perched on the MTS tower and was sqawking up a storm.  I think a parent must have been bringing breakfast.  :)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #769 on: August 13, 2009, 14:36 »
Support is always welcome.  Seems like I will need it.  :-[ :'( :-[

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #768 on: August 13, 2009, 14:32 »
Naw, just stay on the forum, we'll talk ya through it bl.

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2009, 14:30 »
Great, not only will I be a puddle in the corner from the heat, but I'll have the DTs too.  :P

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #766 on: August 13, 2009, 14:23 »
Gotta tell ya, BirdLover, it only gets worse . . .  :'(

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2009, 14:12 »
Just did a check downtown and not a one was to be seen.  It is nice here with a light wind so I am hoping that the adults are taking advantage of that to teach some hunting skills.

Kinda hard to take when you get all the way downtown and see none when you are used to seeing at least one.   :'(  I'm goin' through withdrawals and it ain't pretty.

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #764 on: August 11, 2009, 13:34 »
Too hot to hang around downtown but I did go there to catch the bus.  When I got to the downtown there was one kid on the southeast corner of the McK building.  When I got to the bus terminal, that one was gone but saw two on the northeast corner.  Not sure if one of them was the first one I saw.

But, I did get to see a couple of kids today, so that has made my day! :D  I am now going to be a puddle in the corner as it is 29 here and going to 33.  Right now it's 33 with the humidex.  Ugh.  But, we have a good wind so that helps.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #763 on: August 10, 2009, 17:36 »
After work, I could only see one falcon perched on the northwest corner of McKenzie building, but it is kind of warm here today. They are most likely hanging out in the shade.  That's where I would be.   :)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #762 on: August 08, 2009, 16:56 »
You can't always find them from the parkade roof either and to walk around the McK building on a Friday evening takes you close to two bars.  Not something I want to do by myself.

I was out for a walk on the north side of the river this afternoon and one of the family came and perched on a tower very close to the path I was on.  So, without even trying, I got my chick fix this afternoon.   ;D

Now am vehicle less once again so won't be able to get downtown as much.  But, it is great to know that our kids are doing so well and that we haven't had the problems that the Edmonton watch has had.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #761 on: August 08, 2009, 15:39 »
I still cannot view th pictures but i am sure they are great.
Is it that dangerous where your falcons are at night.
I guess we are lucky to have one of our nesting pairs on the campus.
glad you got sight of all the kids.
Sorry  you can't view the pictures bev, you'd like the luncheon buffet and the pictures of the kids are really good.no it's not really that dangerous in the falcon's area but the parkade is totally desserted after 6pm and all doors are locked. The only way to the upper level is up the ramp.So as in most cities discretion is the better part of valour if you are alone.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #760 on: August 08, 2009, 14:40 »
That's my golden girl (056)!

Where were ya standin' Dennis?  You had to have been on the parkade to get that luncheon buffet.  That was COVERED with pigeons last time I was down there.

Its always covered with pigeons, ;D  except when the kids are dive bombing them.  ;)   Always great pictures Dennis.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #759 on: August 08, 2009, 12:25 »
I still cannot view th pictures but i am sure they are great.
Is it that dangerous where your falcons are at night.
I guess we are lucky to have one of our nesting pairs on the campus.
glad you got sight of all the kids.