Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / Zeus & Hurricane  (Read 63456 times)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / May
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10 »
Absolutely happy thoughts.    ;D
Just wish I could get up high enough to see if anyone is sitting in the nest box.  But, seeing as it's on one of the tallest buildings in the downtown, it's kinda difficult for the average Jane to get a better look. LOL
Will keep a continued look-out and report back.
M

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 11:54 »
Our spoke with our man Dan last week and he mentionned that they were skittering around still and not settling down yet.  They were our last pair back this year and there is still time for them.  Remember, the West Winnipeg birds have only just laid, almost two weeks after the Radisson birds, so we'll keep watching ...

It may also be that one bird is spending time in the nest box so there is only one bird to find and that one is off hunting and generally causing havoc ... think positive  ;) The Brandon site has been very consistent over the years, even when there has been a pair change so happy thoughts folks, happy thoughts.

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 05:27 »
Mornin' all,
Have been downtown a few times in the last week and have not seen hide nor feather of either of our peregrines here.   :-[
Will keep looking.
M

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2009 / April
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 08:30 »
I guess the weather has us all confused.   :) :)
although your weather sounds better than ours.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 14:37 »
Heard from our man Dan in Brandon and the pair are certainly back in all their usual haunts but are not settled yet and getting down to business.  He will keep trying to get band numbers so we can be sure of whom we are looking at.  And while these two are loggy-gagging near the nestsite, we hope that they won't forget what they flew all this way to do ...   ::)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 13:29 »
Sorry Kids, haven't been able to get downtown for a bit.  In the process of moving  :-[
Will try to get down there this weekend.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 13:05 »
Nope, nothing yet, but we will soon!  They are trying to get band numbers but the birds are a bit, er, busy  :-[ right now and don't want to stay still.

Will post as soon as I hear anything more ....

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 12:42 »
Any news on your falcons????

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 07:20 »
Good Morning,
I haven't been able to get downtown lately either, but I will make a valiant effort to go there this afternoon (there are no buses on Sunday and can have the whole bus terminal to myself LOL).
Will report back what I find.
Hope everyone has a great day.
M

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 01:28 »
Was coming back through the Brandon area on Friday but couldn't make a stop this time I'm afraid.  Will see when I can fit in a trip in the near future, and hopefully (finally get to) see some of our Brandon Phanatics!  As well as the peregrines of course!!

Haven't heard from our man Dan in Brandon that he has managed to get IDs on the birds, but when I do, I will most certainly post it here first!

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 15:36 »
Alas, not much joy today.   :'(
It is extremely windy here so I think they were just trying to cling on to anything that wasn't moving.
Of course, I did get to see them doing a few flybys BEFORE I reached the downtown.  Then, when I got there the both disappeared.  For a very short while one was in the nest box, so that's a good sign.
Might try to get back downtown this evening and see if anything is happening.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 19:36 »
Thanks, BirdLover.  Looking forward to your updates!   :D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 18:41 »
LOL

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 17:55 »
Lol..birdlover..see the peregrines are working their magic on you, cute bus driver...ahem...might be more than one pair to be looking out for out there  ;)

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 17:50 »
Why is it when you aren't lookin' for 'em they show up????
Went downtown specifically to get a good look at our beauties only to have people lookin' at me like I was some kinda nutball.  Even had a bus driver get off his bus and ask what we were looking at?  That was good, did a little edjamacating about peregrines.  (He was kinda cute too  ;))
I was on the south and east sides of the building and wasn't having much luck.  Could only see one of them with it's back to me while it was eating.  Couldn't see the other at all.  Until it soared past chasing a winged rat, then disappeared again.  :(
When I went to the bus terminal, I spotted them on the north side of the building, but those darned buses kept getting in my way.  The nerve of some people.
Will be heading back tomorrow but will go a little later in the day so that maybe they will have finished their lunch by the time I get there.
Will keep you posted.
Have a great evening.