Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules  (Read 50157 times)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2009 / March
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2009, 14:37 »
Well then, next time I'm in the area, I'll have to make sure it's around 4 - 6 pm.
Gotta be something that I need to buy.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2009, 14:06 »
Awe..
Okay you two, I don't see them all the time   :D
In the mornings, it just happens to be the right time when I'm driving by ;)
I always pull over in the late afternoon/evening IF I see them hunting.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2009, 12:08 »
I'm with you Ballywing. Have all three figured out but darned if I've seen a bird there yet. Allicat seems to have a lot of luck spotting them, maybe we should han out with her :)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2009, 12:01 »
Actually if the Diner isn't a people diner but only a bird diner then I know it. Not that it does a dang bit of good, I never  see any Peregrines - anywhere - ever!  ::)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2009, 20:11 »
... ??? - I know the B&B - and I know the Bleachers - but the Diner has me flummoxed.  :P - will keep puzzling over it.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2009, 17:01 »
Saw a window-cleaner on The Diner but no birds - and didn't see them on the Bleachers either so may just have been I caught them during a run to the market for lunch or they might have been "getting busy" at the B&B.  Will definitely be going by tomorrow for a peak at the nestsite ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2009, 23:07 »
Your pictures are beautiful Dennis.  Thank you for sharing them.  I would like to see some pictures of you taking these amazing pictures!

I have a few of those I believe, I'll make sure I add them to my list for loading to the photo gallery this weekend!

Also, at 1715hrs, both Jules and Ivy were very placidly roosting on The Bleachers.  And yes Dennis, the same bleacher!!  Sorry gang, won't get more specific  :D

Offline CeeBee

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2009, 21:18 »
Your pictures are beautiful Dennis.  Thank you for sharing them.  I would like to see some pictures of you taking these amazing pictures!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2009, 14:31 »
Rockstar Junior was on The Bleachers this morning about 7:45 am.  Couldn't see Jules anywhere so hopefully she was off doing "lady" things  ;) in the nestbox.  Will check the box on the weekend and let you all know if we have gotten lucky yet ....
Ah..that's where he was.  I looked for them but didn't see either one.  I'll keep my eyes open on the way home...I wonder if I'll get lucky 3 days in a row watching falcons hunt seagulls  8)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2009, 13:06 »
Labour of love - well mostly love, some stress, a bit of annoyance, few frustrations and the occasional "I'll wring your bloody neck".  ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41 »
these guys certainly keep you busy TPC

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2009, 11:53 »
Rockstar Junior was on The Bleachers this morning about 7:45 am.  Couldn't see Jules anywhere so hopefully she was off doing "lady" things  ;) in the nestbox.  Will check the box on the weekend and let you all know if we have gotten lucky yet ....

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2009, 11:48 »
Since peregrines aren't that easy to see even when you know where they are/will be....
You said it TPC!! - I've finally figured out where they are (pretty much) and have yet to see hide nor hair of any of them - even P&T have completely eluded  my neck craning - so far!!! >:(

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2009, 06:27 »
Should have been a bit more specific about the roof. I only have access during working hours. The powers that be are of the xy species and even though the xx are first in and last out, only the xy have the alarm codes. >:(
Bit of an OB network here.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2009, 23:57 »
it's making me mental ... is west winnipeg down portage ... or charleswood?

Could be anywhere between the Hydro Building (two blocks west of the Radisson) and Headingley .. and north/south to the Perimeter Highway.  And no, not going to be more specific.  Don't fret about the exact location folks - build a territory in your mind with three locations in it - The Diner, The Bleachers and The B&B.  Most folks online aren't in Winnipeg so this is exactly how they are envisioning our discussions of the Radisson territory downtown.  And keep in mind that the peregrines' environment doesn't look like our environment even though they occupy the same footprint.  So create the territory in your head and then add detail as the peregrines' story unfolds and as we are able to get decent photos.  Since peregrines aren't that easy to see even when you know where they are/will be, this may in fact be a much more fulfilling way of following along on their adventures.