Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2012 / Chase & Radisson  (Read 29087 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2012 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 18:43 »
2 new cameras have been installed. but so far we still have 3 views. One view I do not like but I think they can be zoomed in and out.

It is Bell installing them and they are up and running right now but I do not know who they will be eventually under. I sure hope Bell is not going to try and run all of the sites. It was a disaster last yer and Gord knows this but we will give them a chance.

I cannot complain as we almost lost them completely.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 17:46 »
The security company that had the camera on Weber has removed their equipment.

Does that mean there won't be a camera or are they installing new cameras?  ???

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 16:38 »
Pictures courtesy of Jean

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 16:15 »
now some photos form before

slideshow

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 16:07 »
Peter and I were down here last night. One falcon on top ledge of west face of College plaza. I t flew off and dove down behind Newton place.
then 2 falcons came flying in . too bad for us. the battery went on cam . They soared around top of college plaza and then one soared off south west. I was interrupted by someone watching so did not see everything I wanted to .

but this person has been visiting at Maz hospital and has been watching and has brought binoculars. she said lots of copulating on Maz , except for yesterday. Well they are replacing cams so I hope this does not hamper things too much. Hope it will be speedy .

a few shots we have

it was cold and windy

Becky tested us and said she saw 2 flying around at lunch hour and one on High level bridge. We hare hoping this one gets a mate this year.

Did I mention I have a new coffee shop here My favorite one.  can see area fromm window. We have a few of these spots. :egg9:  :egg9:

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 16:04 »
I am sorry I have not reported. My slate is full right now , with planning daughters wedding for April28, baking, cleaning , trying to observe birds, going nuts ::) ::) ::)
but I wild do a bit now.

We think it is Radisson back and we have a banded male. Not sure if same from last year.

I am hoping to get bands and Jean is helping by trying and getting shots from window.

First off, cam update from Gord.they were supposed to be done last week but we had a blizzard.

U of A cameras 1 and 2 are being replaced by new units as we speak - hope to have them delivering a feed soon.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 14:16 »
Bev reported at BCAW this morning that she was talking to Gordon Court, the biologist for this site, and he said that this site is going to get new cameras from Bell either today or tomorrow...
This IS great news! :D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:40 »
Bev reported at BCAW this morning that she was talking to Gordon Court, the biologist for this site, and he said that this site is going to get new cameras from Bell either today or tomorrow.  This will make the view here so much better!

8)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 09:36 »
Bev reported at BCAW this morning that she was talking to Gordon Court, the biologist for this site, and he said that this site is going to get new cameras from Bell either today or tomorrow.  This will make the view here so much better!

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 14:13 »
Falcon in the nestbox.  Cannot tell if she/he has bands.   Just looking around, enjoying the nicer weather.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 23:23 »
Thanks RCF. Peter and i were donw there when you took this picutre. I am sure it is RAdisson. We were there the other night also and the way she flew to the aerial (that she roosts on) and turned in where she always has, really makes us think it is her.

tonight she was at the nest box for a few hours. We saw the male a few blocks over on the K-ching(we nic-named it) . and then he flew over and out south of nest box after a pigeon. the female chupped as he flew past. No cigar today. But it was comical as the pigeon flew on ledge below nest box.

WE noticed the male fly back to K-ching building.

Later RAdisson flew out over Maz building and turned in for the night.
Jean came over form her aprtment and joined us. As we decided to go for coffee , we saw the male fly in from the east and turn in 3 ledges up from female. so I do not really think this is our starter male from last year. 

WE need to get ID but the cam is not going to be much help.
man it was cold tonight . toques and gloves were the order of the day.

Will try and post our shots later. Family commitments have me hopping.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 20:02 »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 19:40 »
That's wonderful news, Elaine & Bev! Now, just to get them ID'd. We may need to send Dennis out there with his "Wowzer" camera lens! ;)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 12:42 »
Great pics Bev   :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 19:23 »
I lost my report :o but anyhow , yes our falcons returned March25

Jean lives there and let me know on Sunday. Could not get down till last night but found female on a building across from St Stephens college . she is banded but could not ID . Lighting and it was cold.
Could not get a good look of her face.the  male was on suite hotel and could not see if bands or not.
It was cold and we were there for over an hour and they did not leave or make a sound.

Will try and get them Id  and jean will try from her apartment. I need to move there for the next 5 months.
click on picutres. male on pink building.