Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2012 / Chase & Radisson  (Read 28992 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2012 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 13:18 »
I know this egg was laid last nihgt and it was after 21:05pm and before 21:20pm

so excited.

I am going to give you the link to BCATW as I do not have time to post picutres

bottom of page 10 and page 11

http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1045&start=180

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 10:38 »
We have an egg, and Radisson is presently covering it.  Male still not identified, but expect this soon. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 00:08 »
So I am a happy camper tonight. ;D ;D ;D Jean  tested me and she saw 2 falcons flying around Maz this afternoon and Becky saw one on college Plaza so I think we are all happy now.

this was the same as the year the ravens overtook their box. they took off for awhile
Thank-you TPC, for reminding us this happens.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 00:05 »
Clinical Science

a slideshow form the ground tonight(9 pictures)

Click

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 00:03 »
sh--. I think she may be ready to lay an egg. this is where I left her last Sunday.

these are picutres from cam after she finished chowing down. see her crop and egg heavy bottom.

She is now lying in nest box as I type. Dark but can still see her
I told Peter we had to hi tail it home as the gift was in preparation for her laying eggs.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 23:55 »
Please bear with me. I am on old computer and am transferring things to new computer. have not transferred this forum yet , as i cannot remember my password ::) ::)

I am just going to give reports and try and give you some thumbnails and a slideshow

Clinical

falcon in box when we got there this evening. Female. We watched and took pictures. She went inside and was scraping. then out on box( my heart is just racing) . then she started chupping and in comes male with a present. He bowed on front wrung and then flew over to south east corner of Maz, in bow position. Female flew over to corner right beside him and proceeded to eat. ( she is in box as I type)
We decided to leave as we have 2 here. I should have waited till turn in but I thought. someone would have bands

her bottom looks egg heavy and she is in stance. Pretty sure this is Radisson.

Male is banded.

I will watch for a bit and finish this later with photos from cam and ground

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 23:24 »
Two birdies at the box this evening, I think he brought her a gift. :)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 23:18 »
Bev and Peter were down at the University tonight to check out the reports from this morning about the falcons, and she wrote on BCAW that Radisson and her mate (not yet identified with certainty) are indeed back at the nestbox.  Radisson was fussing around inside, and Bev thought she looked bottom-heavy and was getting close to laying an egg.  We are all relieved and happy to know that the falcons did not let the humans at the nestbox this week stop them from returning there, eventually.  I think we can expect an egg very soon.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 09:44 »
That's great news carly, glad you were watching!  ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 08:35 »
fALCON IN NESTBOX RIGHT NOW, THINK IT'S RADISSON! 

Edit to add:  sorry for the caps..lol.  She stayed a few minutes, semed a bit aprehensive but she did go inside the nestbox for a few and then took off.  So perhaps a reconnaissance mission to make sure the evil humans are gone for good  :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:57 by carly »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 16:42 »
Take heart from what TPC has posted a few posts back, bev, on Reply #36. :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 10:00 »
I am jsut sick, to not see our radisoon at box yet.

she was there till 9Am Monday , when crews came to finish cam .
A lot are blaming Gord, but he says , like Tracy, that this should not have deterred her from the site. she was experienced.

I do not know what to say. I am in tears as I write this.

We did see her Thursday night , come to the aerial on college plaza . she then turned in for the night and when peter and Becky and I went to check , the male was tucked in also. So as of Thursday they were still tucking in at their spot. I am puzzled.

Peter and I  did take some time to drive around campus yesterday eventing , but could not stay till tuck in time.

Unfortunately , I can only do a bit this next week as my daughter gets married next Sat. I wish I could do more. I will search when I can. Gord was supposed to go out there yesterday , but have not

heard.

I am jsut sick. these have been my love for so long.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 16:25 »
Happy to hear it is confirmed that Radisson is our mama on site once again.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 22:39 »
Considering that Radisson has been the resident female here for a few years and she has been successful, I suspect she won't give up this site this easily.  Courting pairs can take off on honeymoons for a couple days at a time - Jules and Beau in West Winnipeg generally do just that.  The weekend is coming up so campus should be quieter (yes?), I would think that would be a fine time for them to turn up again ... happens here at HSC and used to happen at the U of M campus in the old days.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 22:22 »
I went down here tonight, and happened to meet up with Becky, who had been down here for an hour; later, Be arrived to check on the situation.  Becky says that the falcons have not been at the nestbox since Sunday.  The repair crew were still working on the nestbox on Tuesday, so that would have discouraged the falcons from coming around.  The whole time we were there tonight, there was no sign of them.  But Bev thought it was possible that they were still in the area and might possibly show up at the nestbox tonight, so she and Becky stayed after I left.  I sure hope they see them.  It would be nice to see one nest with eggs here in this city.