Author Topic: Selkirk Peregrines - 2012 / Ty & Paris  (Read 15522 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Selkirk Peregrines - 2012 / Ty & Paris
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 09:53 »
One of the Selkirk chicks is in rehab - not injured so either blown about in the storm yesterday or it was the second chick and first fledge was not ideal.  Means we will be able to get a band on at least one of these chicks and yes, I already have a name or two prepped and waiting to be used, but you will have to wait until after the chick has been banded and returned to the nestsite.  Not sure when that will be, we need to arrange schedules the rehabber and I and in the meantime the "kid" will be getting extra helpings of quail and its own private accomodations.

More news as I have it.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 21:50 »
Do have some photos and will be working on a Selkirk Gallery soon.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 21:35 »
Well, well, well.....
This is absolutely wonderful & exciting news!  Way to go Ty, what a trooper!  It is definitely in the genes!!!
Good luck next year Ty, we hope, (and want) to see you next year!!!  More peregrines, the better!!!

Time to be the phanatics we are meant to be.....funding is required!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 19:57 »
I am so happy for Manitoba. You are getting more and more pairs.

Great news on two youngsters

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 22:34 »
Update as of this morning, courtesy of Dennis ... Ty and Paris have two surviving chicks - looks like one male and one female!
WOW! 2 surviving chicks! Even better news! :D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 21:18 »
Wow in Selkirk, I work there, are you able to share the location, I could keep an eye out during my lunch hoir adn before and after work.  Excitign.
 :) :) :)

If I was looking I would look for a place like a water tower or maybe even a communications tower, someplace up high, didn't TPC say there was a crows nest in poor condition that they nested in.  You might see the fledglings and the parents in and around that area.   :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 21:52 by RCF »

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 20:20 »
Update as of this morning, courtesy of Dennis ... Ty and Paris have two surviving chicks - looks like one male and one female!
Wonderful news.

Offline Helen b

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 19:46 »
Wow in Selkirk, I work there, are you able to share the location, I could keep an eye out during my lunch hoir adn before and after work.  Excitign.
 :) :) :)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 19:27 »

That is even better news!
Did Dennis get some pictures?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 14:46 »

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 19:25 »
So exciting!!  Ty's back and has a family!  How amazing it'll be if he returns next year and nests in a safe place with Paris :)  I hope his one remaining chick stays safe. :-*

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 17:33 »
Very exciting news!  ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 14:14 »
OMG! This is such exciting news! Another nesting pair of PF's in Manitoba! And Ty, one of our former Radisson chicks, to boot! Couldn't be better news! ;D So glad to hear that you got to observe both of the parents and their lone fledgling, TPC! 8)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 13:49 »
How exciting, especially that it's one of our home grown boys!  Wow... at this rate, we are going to need to clone you TPC.  However are you going to keep up with so many sites? 

Clone, smone, I will love every second of next spring if everyone comes back.  Even more so if we actually have new tenants at the new nestboxes we'd like to get in place this fall.  No better way to spend a cold blowy March morning than trying to hunker down out of the wind at the back of Dennis' truck trying to read a band number on a bird that "just doesn't look like <insert name of a Manitoba peregrine>".  I know that sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not.  Fledging is nerve-wracking but the rest is mostly just hoping you have one more hour in the day to get this last task done.  :D

As for how to keep up?  With the help of Dennis (and his truck), Eye-Spy (and his cameras), Dr Bob, the Brandon Gang, the CBC Falcon Cams, the Forum and Phanatics, the fledgewatchers and calls from the public - like Lila P who emailed me about Ty and Paris just in time for us to catch them at the nest!

Now all we have to do is hope that everyone stays safe over the winter and finds their way back up here!

Offline Leana

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 11:51 »
How exciting, especially that it's one of our home grown boys!  Wow... at this rate, we are going to need to clone you TPC.  However are you going to keep up with so many sites?